Chapter one

Hi i'm veronica, just the average 17-year-old girl with some sass i guess. Some Peoply call me sassy or feisty but I just have an opion and i feel like the humanity lost it. Everyone seems to have a purpose in life, at least not everyone. If you would have asked me where I would see myself now, I probably wouldn't be able to answer that question.

I was walking to my favorite spot, to clear my head. The dark was surrounding me and I felt like I could breath again. The quietness made me think clear. After my dad and I got in to a fight, I had to get some fresh air. Even when he told me I wasn't aloud to go outside anymore, I sneaked out. He can't control me, I'm not a little child anymore. I laughed at myself for being so stubborn.

I looked over at my surroundings and memories started to flood in. I remembered sitting on my favorite stone in this beautiful forest looking at the lake in front of me.

I grabbed a small rock and I threw it in the water. I used to come here when my mom had to go to the hospital and my dad started screaming at me for no reason. I really missed her, she was the only person I cared about and just like that she left me, heartbroken and scattered. But I can't bring her to life again, so I accepted the fact that she wasn't coming back. I was in deep thoughts, till I heard a noise. I looked around and saw no one.

"What are you doing here so late by yourself?" I heard a low voice say behind me in a concerned way. I was debating if I should give him a kungfu kick or if I should answer him. But when he came closer and showed his face I decided to go for the second one.

"I just came here to blow off some steam. What are you doing here?" I said and looked at him to see if he showed any kind of emotion on his face, but he remained blank with an unreadable expression.

"I'm here to think, try not to go crazy and calm down, so I guess we are here for the same reasons." He said and looked over at me for a reaction, waiting for me to say anything, but I just nodded.

I didn't felt like answering. He grabbed a small rock and threw it in the water, like my previous action. "Why did you come to this place, my spot?" I said curious, it was a really unusual place to be, and even harder to find. My curiosity started to increase every second he wasn't answering my question.

We were looking at the lake, just enjoying the view in front of us. The moon reflected on the lake. It was full moon, I always loved to look at the moon and I still do.

I looked at the left, where he was sitting and saw that he was doing the same. We could hear the sounds of the animals in the forest. I wasn't expecting an answer anymore, after a silence came over us. He was debating if he should tell me whatever happened with him. I saw it at the way he was playing with his hands. After 20 minutes he finally spoke up.

"I broke up with my girlfriend." He said while he was looking forward. I saw him clinging his hands in to fists.

"What happened?" I asked while looking at him, I bet he felt my eyes right into the right side of his face. He remained silence again and I was lost in a mystery.

I looked at the time and saw that it was getting pretty late so I moved as fast as I could to my house and climb through my window without my dad noticing. My phone buzzed but I didn't bother to pick it up. It was probably just Emily, my best friend. I texted her that I would talk to her tomorrow and went off to sleep.

I woke up, because of my stupid phone and see that Emily is calling, goddammit Emily leave me alone. I look at the time and see that it is reading 8:00 am, reluctantly I pick up the phone.

"GOODMORNING VERONICA!!!" she cheered. She was always a morning person, actually a every time person, there wasn't a moment that she wouldn't smile.