1...

Sparkling Cookie started packing his best margarita mixer into a box labels "SELL". He frowned as he watched the empty bar slowly become more and more empty as he packed things up.

"Hey," He heard behind him, "did you get kicked out again?" Sparkling looked up. It was Espresso Cookie.
"Nope. Boss sold the bar." He turned back to his things, as if completely avoiding a conversation with Espresso.
"Huh—are you serious? You practically own this bar, he can't just sell it."
Sparkling replied, "Well, he did. I'm done with the conversation now."

Espresso started to get annoyed. "...Just get ready. The reaping is happening in an hour and a half." Sparkling's expression suddenly changed to shocked. He didn't realise that it was today.
"Only an hour and a half?! That's not enou-"

"Spark'. Just shut up and enjoy these moments...you know how scary the reaping can be." It was true. Whether you were picked or not, it was one of the most terrifying things to go through. Then, when somebody else was picked, their family members cried so loudly that you couldn't help shedding a few tears yourself.

Sparkling stood back up to get to Espresso's level. "How am I supposed enjoy these moments when the thing I love most in the world is being sold?"
Espresso gave off a weird expression. "The bar is the thing you love most?"
"Yeah. I don't really have much. What's with the weird expression?"
"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Espresso left the bar without saying another word.

256 words , reaping coming sooooonnn