2

You know that moment when u act one certain way by yourself and in front of everyone else, you act a totally different way? Why do we do that? Do we yearn for such attention or do we hide? I don't know. I don't think I ever will know.
"Hey Carmen! Sooooo I know you hate surprises and all, so I decided from the sweetness of my heart to tell you that Jace wants you to be his date for Colten O'reileys party this Friday!" My Best friend Melissa says. As fake as the people in this school are, she's the only one I can really confide in.
Her light brown eyes sparkle with excitement as she spills the beans about Jace. Ahhhhh Jace Sanders the hottest guy on planet earth is asking me to his best friends party this weekend.

I knew what love was the day I met him in 6th grade, when he spilled milk on me on me at lunch and tried wiping it with his hand, of course it only made the situation worse, but in that moment I fell for Jace Sanders.

"OMG are you serious?! Me? He's asking me?!" I squeal. "Yes you psycho" she laughs "Everyone's talking about it, how do you not know?!?" She says looking at me, like I was crazy.

"I don't know" I laugh. I honestly didn't know. I'm so influenced by the war in my mind, I can't seem to focus on much of anything. "Well he is, so hunny get your booty in gear, cause it's happening" I smile knowing she would go crazy lengths to make it happen. "We'll talk about it more at lunch, but love yah see you later!" She giggles skipping to class.

I go to my locker turning the dial to open it 6...28...14. I open it grabbing my Algebra 2 book and binder, heading to class.

10 minutes pass. 20 minutes. 30. I swear this class will never end.

"Okay class, turn your books to page 647 and I will assign you a partner" Mr. Wrinkle grumpily says. Mr. Wrinkle is the never-in-a-good-mood kinda man. He's probably in his late 50's early 60's and he "rocks" the salt and pepper comb-over hairstyle.

The class grumbles inappropriate words that Mr. Wrinkle's ears won't allow him to hear.
"Destiny and James, you will be partners. Conner and Maya, you will work together." Blah Blah Blah. "Carmen Edwards you will be paired with...Um...well there seems to be no one else for you to work with so you can either work by yourself or you ca-"

The door opens. And walks in, a boy...actually a really cute boy. He has dark hazel eyes, dark enough to come off as black from a far distance. His hair is styled a little like Justin Biebers old flippy hairstyle, but a little shorter, yet he looks so much better with it. (A/N sorry Bieber lovers) It reaches the top of his eyebrows giving his eyes an open view.

"Hi I'm Eli Andrews. I'm a new student here." He glances around the room blankly. Then he looks at me. And when I say looks I mean...LOOKS. His expressionless face turns into a smirk as he glances back over to Mr. Wrinkle handing him his schedule to sign.

"Okay Miss Edwards, seems like your lucky day has arrived. Gangster Justin Bieber, you will work on page 647 with Carmen. Class ends in 45 minutes. You may now begin." He sits in the other desk next me. No greeting. No introduction. No sideways glance. No nothing. He starts working on the first problem without me. Do I stop him or let him continue? We're in pairs for a reason. "Has anyone ever told you it's rude to stare." He says in a matter-of- fact tone with annoyance weaved into his words, never taking his eyes off his work. I quickly look down at my own book. The moment he walked through that door I felt like I knew him. Like he was some strange part of me but I don't know what it was. I try and forget about it and do my work, but no matter how hard I try to focus I couldn't get the thought of him off my mind.

The bell rings snapping me out of my thoughts. I look over to my right, only to see the seat where Eli was, to be completely vacant. People scurry out of the room like ants after the peace of their home was rudely interrupted.
I walk over to my locker exchanging my Algebra book for my Physics book. As I'm about to close the door Jace is right behind it, leaning over the other lockers smiling. I seriously almost wet myself and not only because he looks like a Calvin Klein model, but he scared the crap out of me. "Sorry Carmen I honestly didn't mean to scare you" he admits apologetically. "Oh it's okay, but a heads up would be nice next time." I say jokingly, getting sucked into the black hole which is him. He laughs "okay...but uhm I'm here to ask you if you wanted to go to that party this Friday?"
Omg this is it...he's asking me right now to go to the party with him! The rumors were true and it's happening...like right now omg. "Sure I wou-"
"Hey Carmen did you get the answers for problems 8, 16, and 21 on our Algebra homework?" Eli rudely says
"I couldn't figure out how to get the answer so I need your help" he babbles on.
I look between Jace and Eli confused. Jace looks at me apologetically "Um I'll just talk to you about it at lunch, bye Carmen." He walks away.....he walks away...what the heck? Just as I was about to say yes to the one and only Jace Sanders....he walks away. I can't believe this! Did Eli actually need help or was he just being rude? I don't get it.