Chapter 3

Once the group had reached the Nan Yang Temple Xie Lian stepped up and opened the doors causing loud creaking to resonate around the empty building. They entered the temple and they paused by a table with offerings to the god.

"That's strange." Xie Lian muttered lifting his hat with a finger as he examined the temple.

"General Ming Guang is in charge of the North, but there is only a Nan Yang Temple here" Xie Lian explained as he faced the trio behind him, Shu Li was closely examining the offerings and nodded at Xie Lian's explanation. He straightened up as he walked over to the Crown Prince.

"General Nan Yang is in charge of the southeast, but he has many believers in the north," Shu Li explained as the juniors began looking around the area. Shu Li looked to see Xie Lian thinking, seeing a question swirling in his eyes.

"What is it Gege?" He asked, as he gently put his hand on his forearm. Xie Lian looked at him then the other two in the room before he spoke up.

"I have a question, but I do not know.." He was cut off by Nan Feng who had turned to him aggravated.

"If you are unsure, don't ask then" Shu Li had a dark aura start to form around him but it quickly disappeared when Xie Lian spoke again.

"What I was about to say is I don't know who to ask" he explained with his features pinched in nervousness. Fu Yao grinned as he quickly slid up to the Crown Prince.

"Is it about the story behind the naming of the Nan Yang Temples?" He asked his smirk widening. Xie Lian turned to him quizzically, looking over at Shu Li for a possible answer only to receive a shrug in return.

"The naming?" He asked the junior to get the answer to this new question now that his interest had peaked. Nan Feng quickly turned to Fu Yao, irritated, his arms crossed in disapproval.

"Shut it!" He demanded the other Junior, Shu Li, chuckled quietly but continued to listen to the conversation at hand while making sure nothing went too far. Fu Yao smirked at the irritated other then opened his mouth to speak as he looked towards the ceiling.

"Long long ago, General Nan Yang was called Duke Yang" He explained. Shu Li remembered when his teacher indeed went by such a name but he could not recall why this had to do with the naming of his temples.

"However, a careless king had 'Duke' misspelled, with an *i* instead of a *u*..." Shu Li was still quite confused especially when he saw Fu Yao's grin get wider and Nan Feng look away flustered.

"Hence, all Duke Yang Temples change their name into Dick Yang Temple. Words traveled fast" Fu Yao finished as he chuckled into his fist. Shu Li just blinked at him as he tilted his head owlishly. Nan Feng quickly rushed to defend his general.

"This spelling was already corrected!" He explained as he glared at the other who smirked mockingly in return.

"So what? Up till now, aren't Nan Yang Temple's frequent visitors still women?" Fu Yao shot back angering Nan Feng more as his face grew in color. Shu Li moved closer to Xie Lian sensing something was going to happen between the Juniors.

"A lot of them would blush when making wishes" Fu Yao continued to provoke the other as spiritual energy began to surround Nan Feng's frame.

"Don't be an asshole! Go sweep the floor if you have nothing better to do!" Shu Li's eyes widened when he heard what Nan Feng just spat at Fu Yao. This seemed to irritate said junior as he turned back to the other, a glare hardening his features. When the two began to bring Xie Lian into their bickering Shu Li began to grow annoyed with their banter.

Xie Lian sweat dropped as he began to panic profusely as he tried to stop the two before Nan Feng blasted spiritual energy at Fu Yao who in turn dodged it causing it to crash into the offerings table. As the Juniors were throwing around the offering's Shu Li noticed that Xie Lian was about to be in the line of fire so he gently tugged him out of range before he could get hit in the face.