chapter 1 - Convincing

It has been days since Lucas met the woman, who was named Athanasia. He probably would've forgotten about her by now, but the kitten was kind of a reminder of what happened. He didn't know much about a cat species with bright red markings, nor did he think it really existed, but he just wanted to keep it. Luckily, his caretaker agreed to it.

Lucas was in the garden of the Spinel Palace, eating his breakfast, with the kitten sitting nearby. His royal knight, Lillian York, was accompanying him, along with a red head. His name was Felix Robane, the caretaker of Lucas. He was wearing a uniform fit for a butler.

The red head was pouring some kind of blue tea into the prince's cup. Lucas was curious seeing this tea.

"Felix, what is this tea?" he wondered to his caretaker with an interested tone. He didn't see blue tea before. He heard of blue tea before, but have never actually seen it.

"This is a tea from the eastern continent. It is called butterfly pea tea," Felix answered, as he looked at Lucas with a calm expression.

"I thought all of the eastern items would be sent directly to the Coral Palace?" The red-eyed boy was a bit surprised. The goods of the eastern continent would usually be sent to the main palaces, since it was difficult to get from all the long travels. Maybe it was a gift from another kingdom?

"The Coral Palace received a good amount of these blends, so they distributed it to the other palaces with occupants, including this one, Prince Lucas," the lady knight, Lillian, replied to the curious prince, with a small smile. Lucas nodded his head as a response.

Lucas noticed how Felix shyly glanced at her with a tint of red on his cheeks. This wasn't the first time that he caught his caretaker like this before.

He shrugged it off and decided to take a sip of his tea, thinkingn it would be a bit too bitter for him. To his surprise, it tasted more floral than what he expected. There was a faint taste of sweetness to it too.

"Well, Prince Lucas, is it to your liking?" Lillian bent over, just a little, to see his reaction.She noticed that his eyes, that look delighted, widened a bit and had a mouth was forming a small 'o'. She assumed that his answer was a yes just from seeing his face.

"It's.. Alright," the boy said, trying to sound more mature and proffesional to keep his image.

Both of the adults chuckled, fully knowing that the seven year old boy definitely thought it was more than 'alright.' He always was mature for his age. Atleast, he tries to be after the incident when he was around three.

Lucas continued eating his morning meal, while the knight and caretaker chatted. He saw that both were whispering something into each other's ear.

'Probably just about empire matters," he thought to hims as he took another bite of his bread. He didn't know that the gazes of the older two were on him.

Out of the blue, Felix asked Lucas about something.

"Prince Lucas, how would you feel if you got a playmate?"

The question made the prince freeze. Lucas looked at Felix in confusion as Felix stared back.

"Why are you asking this Felix?" the tone of the prince sounded annoyed, which the adults noticed.

"Well.. Children, especially at your age, would need friends," Felix said as he panicked a bit, trying to avoid displeasing Lucas.

"Aren't you guys already my friends? Besides, who would willingly want to be playmates with me?" Lucas mumbled the last sentence quietly, so the adults wouldn't be able to hear what he said clearly.

"Me and Sir Felix won't be able to accompany you at some times, and you need one that is your age," Lillian assisted Felix on persuading Lucas, noticing he was a little hesitant to reply.

"Nope, don't want one," the prince gave a short answer to the two. He wanted to change the topic, since they might actually convince him.

The adults sighed as they know that Lucas won't say yes, but they didn't give up on convincing. Atleast, Felix didn't.

Even after a week, Felix kept insisting about the playmate offer because he didn't want Lucas have a childhood without friends. Of course, Lucas kept turning it down, but it didn't seem like Felix was going to give up any sooner. Lucas was getting tired of it too.

They were currently in the Prince's study room, with Lucas doing his homework he got from his private tutors, and Felix just.. There, I guess?

"Fine, I'll get a playmate," Lucas finally accepted the offer before the red head could even ask. Felix smiled as he emitted a bright aura.

"Well, who would you want? I heard Viscount Patterson has a young lady--"

"In one condition." Before Felix could finish whatever he was saying, Lucas interrupted him. He put his work aside and stared at Felix, while looked at him back.

"I want one that can do magic."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

( ˶'ᵕ'˶)
857 words
A/N

Yeah this chapter is shorter than i wanted it to be. Would u guys prefer if i rewrite this and make this fic start before athanasia and lucas's meeting so u can know lucas's story or just like, have it revealed slowly later on? Some parts are obvious but still

Also uhmmmmm yes felily side ship but won't be much probably. Idk