Weirdly Enough

This story is a short one as there is not much to tell. Three sisters lived in the woods of Scotland hidden from the world. Since birth the three girls have shown a special power one that can never be replicated. They stand together as one unit of strength. These girls live a life in constant fear and pain as they have seen and told things that cannot be untold or unseen. Effie, Isla and Catriona are widely known and rarely shown. They are simply known as The Three Witches though they prefer to be called The Weird Sisters.

Catriona was walking through the forest back to the cottage after a day of searching for her beloved saw grass. It was the only plant she could use to get rid of that pesky rat who liked to eat her supplies. She would put it out in front of the garden and like that he would flee. She was still sulking over not finding any in the woods today when it hit her and she fell to her knees in sheer agony.

The pain of her visions was excruciating all though something she was used to it still hurt her every time. She saw the king, Duncan and suddenly he was gone his eyes sockets black and she knew then what had happened. Her prophecy was to be true now as Macbeth would be king but not in the way she thought, not at all.

She ran into the cottage hanging her cloak on the chair next to the garden door as she ran into the foyer looking for her two sisters. She yelled loudly practically screaming for them both "Effie, Isla!"

"Girls where are you?"

Suddenly out of the garden came the two remaining sister's cloak less and breathless chests heaving only meaning one thing.

"You saw it then." said Catriona.

"What are we to do?" asked Effie as she twiddled her thumbs scared and unsure.

"We must talk to MacDuff and we must start the journey today if we are to get there by sundown tomorrow."

"Do we have to go?" asked Isla.

"Can't we just let him figure this out for himself? I mean I'm sick of doing all these things for other people and never for myself."

"It is our duty to do this and you know it Isla. I will not stand for selfishness you both are to pack your satchel with what you will need and meet me in the garden as soon as you can we must go and we must go now no discussions." said Catriona.

And so they set off.

The sun had set when the three ladies finally were off. "I told you to hurry and I don't think either of you listened to me very well." Catriona said angrily.

It's already sunset and now we must rush to get their before the announcement of Duncan's death is released or we may not have time to tell Macduff before Macbeth can get a hold of him."

"So would it be so bad if we didn't?" asked Isla.

"Considering it was the death of the king yes Isla it is important." said Catriona.

"Do you ever get tired of it?" asked Effie "You know constantly trying to fix things and problems we created? I mean how many prophecies have gone wrong now 10? 20?"

"We do what we were born to do and we do it without regret. If we don't do this Effie no one will. The only conscious these people have are us and we are not to forget that."

It was silent the rest of the way as the girls walked and walked until they got to the local town and walked through. They kept their cloaks and hoods on and heads down low so that no one was the wiser. They walked until someone screeched loudly and ran into the middle of the street.