Letter

~Hadrian's P.O.V~

I was awakened by a kick to my stomach

"WAKE UP NOW BRAT" the shrill voice of my aunt said, I started setting myself free as she walked back upstairs, I was in the basement again. Last night's punishment had led me down here being whipped chained to the wall. Apparently, I didn't do a good enough job tending to the garden. 

I put on my shirt that I found on the floor covered in blood, I headed upstairs and started on breakfast before my uncle awoken

I put on my shirt that I found on the floor covered in blood, I headed upstairs and started on breakfast before my uncle awoken. I couldn't help the feeling that something was going to happen tomorrow, something good. I was making bacon, eggs, pancakes (from scratch), bagels, fruits in a bowls, coffee, soda, and juice. I had the table set just in time. I was also making a cake, because today was my cousin's birthday. 

"Here comes the birthday boy" my aunt said in a sweet, kind tone that she never once used with me, I come to where they're at to see them rubbing noses together. "Happy birthday son" Uncle Vernon said sitting in the chair, too heavy to move. I was making their plates while they were sitting down getting ready to eat. The heavenly smell of my cooking made my stomachache for it, I haven't eaten in a week, but I can handle it, truth to be told I could go a month without food. While I was watching them eat like animals that haven't been fed in years, I just couldn't help but wonder what my parents would be like. I mean my aunt and uncle told me that my mom was a whore and my father a drunk, but I know that isn't true. Because when I close my eyes at night, I could see them. I could hear my mother's sweet and kind voice talking to me, singing to me. And my father, he was always talking about the man I would grow up to be, if I would be a prankster or like my mother. There were three other people there that I remember. Padfoot, Moony, and someone else who isn't quite clear. I know my father was prongs, I have an excellent memory. Padfoot loved to be in his other 'form' making me laugh, Moony's 'other side' was super protective, and I felt extremely safe, and the other one...Worm tail? I know I didn't like him; he was off. I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when I felt my head bash against the wall.

"Don't ignore me freak" A screeching in my ear said, I turned to see Dudley attempting to smirk at me but instead looking constipated and my aunt and uncle glaring at me

"My apologies, I didn't hear you" Dudley just rolled his eyes as Aunt Petunia led him over to his presents covering his eyes. Dudley looked around his smile slowly fading

"How many are there?" he asked his father

"36, I counted them myself" the giant man said like he was proud of himself

"36?! BUT LAST YEAR- LAST YEAR I HAD 37" he said snapping at his father while I was cleaning the table

"Yes well, some of them are quite bigger than last year's" his father tries to reason, the smile still on his face

"I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE" I roll my eyes, God he's such a spoiled brat

"Oh, now, now, this is what we're going to do" Aunt Petunia says getting Dudley's attention "when we go out, were going to buy you 2 new presents. How's that pumpkin?"