Arcade

Shuichi POV:

It had seemed to be an everyday, normal, life for me. School would be starting in about a week... which I was not excited about. School is just another thing to worry and fret over. Did I mention today was normal? Me and my friends had just finished lunch up at a ramen shop when Kaito suggested we go down to the nearby arcade that was only about a block down. 

"We all have some money, and it would be a perfect day to since it's cloudy." Kaito exclaimed as he slammed down his fists on the table. We all nodded our heads in agreement besides one.

"Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to join you guys." Maki said in a stiff voice. She stood from her seat and carefully walked out of the establishment. We turned and watched her leave. 

Maki has always been quite strange so none of us questioned her motives. As we all left the shop and walked down the streets a single raindrop fell onto my nose. I brushed it off and continued down the street. It wasn't pouring, but I never liked rain. 

We opened in the double doors into the arcade and split off looking for the games we wanted to play. Kaito went left while Kaede followed me right. I had no intention of playing games, but more wanted to be alone. I also didn't have to guts to say no to Kaito. 

I made it clear that I was heading toward the bathroom, and thankfully Kaede verged away toward a game. I pushed open the bathroom door and walked inside. The noise from outside died down and there wasn't a single sound in the bathroom beside for my footsteps as I padded to the end of wall, sitting down and pressing my back against it.

I waited inside for about fifteen minutes before standing back up and heading outside. I stepped forward in front of the door and gently closed it behind me. I took a couple of steps forward with my head down before someone came lunging at me. 

The person who had fallen to the ground lifted their head up with watery eyes. "Ah! Sorry!" The mysterious guy said before rushing off into the bathroom leaving me stunned on what in the world just happened. Well... that was unexpected. It looked as if they were crying. I had no reason to look further into this, or they style of fashion I may add. I looked up to see Kaede staring at me. I blushed a bit before walking off on my own. Thankfully she didn't follow me. 

I know it's rude, but I decided to just leave the arcade. I can make up some petty excuse later. I walked out the door when I made sure that Kaede nor Kaito was around. As I left the bells on the door rung and I heard someone from inside yell, "Come again!" as I had left. I headed straight home to my apartment. It's very unusual for a high school student to have one but hey for some reason the headmaster of our school let everyone have one. 

After I had climbed up all the stairs- which is unfortunate because the elevator is broken for some kid jumping on it- which that was such a pain. But as I reached for my keys and unlocked the door, my heart felt empty and I fell to the ground, letting everything around me go dark.

Ayeee sorry for such a short chapter- i'll try to make the next one longer. I know it's pretty boring atm but dw :)

-Kaz Yaz