It's Fate

I suddenly woke up, face planted on the hard tile floor. It felt cold and I felt exhausted, unable to process what happened. I picked myself up and got out my phone. It was 12:58. I put my phone done on a small coffee table next to a loveseat and walked myself toward my bedroom area. I got redressed in soft clothing, and hopped into my bed, cuddling with the warm blankets. I gently rested my eyes as I began to drift into sleep, forgetting all the past events that has just happened. 

A sparrow chirped loudly as it fluttered by a window. I pressed my hands down on the bed to sit up. My vision was blurry, as I tried to remember what happened. All that I can remember is feeling a pain in my heart then waking up in my bed right now. I thought hard before getting out of the small bed and walked over to the kitchen area. I grabbed a granola bar from a cabinet to eat for breakfast. I went to my closet and got dressed for another day in the gloomy-but-bright world.

Why, if someone was dying, fighting for their life, why does the sun have to be so beautifully bright. Even the dark night sky glimmers with joy of the stars as pain and suffering inflicts on the surface of the Earth. 

That is why I hate our world.

This is the real world, not a be told fantasy.

On with life, I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet and left out of the room, locking it to keep out unwanted folks. I still can't believe the headmaster of our school bought a whole apartment company. Everyone at the school shares the same apartment building. Which is nice for seeing friends, but also annoying when you're trying not to see them.

I glanced around the corners before making a dash for the stairwell. I did not want to run into Kaito after ditching him at the Arcade. Thankfully I made it to the first floor and left the building. I glared at the name of the Apartments.  "Double Hope Apartments," I don't see what's so special about it. 

I rounded around the streets, keeping my eyes on the ground while adjusting my ballcap on my head to keep it from sliding. It was a Birthday present to me, but it was just a tad bit big.

I went into the StarBucks(C) to get my morning drink of just a Venti hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. Personally, coffee is gross even with creamer in it.

After ordering and receiving my drink, I left to go into the library. I really like the books they have there. It's so organized and they have the best selections.

I looked around for a book to purchase. One specifically caught my eye. It had a black and blue cover with two people standing on it. I picked it up and looked at the title in white bold letters. The First to Die at The End. That sounded interesting, and like it would have a thick plot behind the words. I took it to the cashier and bought it, getting out just the needed amount of money for it in total. 

Book in a bag in my hand, and my hot chocolate in the other, I headed back to my apartment. The library was located right across from the Apartment building, so I happily trotted up the stairs with energy to spare. 

At the top of the stairs, I turned right. But something from the left corner caught my eye. I saw familiar clothing and hair. I turned around. To my surprise, it was the guy from the Arcade who had fallen. We kept eye contact for a few seconds before he went down the stairs. I watched him walk down them in curiosity. 

My mind stopped for a second. Wait wait wait a minute- he goes, to my school!?! I've never seen him before! Wait I need to slow down and not jump to conclusions. Maybe a friend invited him over or something. But why would someone do that? The rooms are pretty small, but I guess it's enough to hangout and play a board game. There's still the 50% chance he goes to our school. Well, more like 60%... maybe 80%. Most of the people here only befriend people from the school. Also... it's still pretty early if you ask me.

I wonder if he recognized me. I mean he was crying a lot. Oh yeah! I wonder why he was crying. He looked a bit better today. Though his fashion sense could have improved a bit. But who am I to judge. I'm here in 70 degree weather with a black ballcap and hoodie on with also black shorts. 

I took out my keys and opened my door, locking it behind me. I set my phone and wallet down on the small coffee table and threw away my finished hot chocolate. I sat down on the loveseat, stretching my legs across it.

I held the bag with my newly bought book in it. I didn't feel the motivation to read it right now, my mind was stuck on the guy I ran in to, quite literally. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table and went onto social media. I wanted to see if I could find this guy. I mean it'll be really hard without a name but now I know they most likely go to my school now, which will sum it down because most people say if they go to this school- it's a bit different in its own way. 

I searched up our school's @ on several different media's until I found it, I had found the profile picture what seemed to belong to the person I had run into at the arcade, crying tears and tears. Then I met them again at the apartments. 

I zoomed in toward the picture it had to be him. I recognize that hair anywhere by now. I clicked on his name and opened his profile.

Haha lol I loved making this.

The First to Die at The End is an actual book and I think it's really good, it features BL and stuff like that.

Luv yall thanks for reading!

-Kaz yaz