I wish I were dead now Pt.2

I turned my head to see a green haired boy with several hair piercings and a cool necklace.

I couldn't remember where I heard their voice before...

"Anyways, I'm Rantaro. Nice to meet you uhh....." He glanced at the paper on my desk. "Nice to meet you, Shuichi is it?" He said in a polite tone.

I nodded my head in response.

I felt oddly relaxed around him.

Then HE showed up. Just as I was getting all comfy Kokichi has to walk in to the classroom. I glanced over to the desk next to me. The paper read "Ouma, Kokichi."

My jaw dropped and I put my head on the desk, ready for this class to start and end.

I overheard Rantaro saying hello to him as he sat down next to me. And I'm in-between the two of them... the last thing I want is this Rantaro being dragged down into our convo.

"Shuichi?" I heard Kokichi say.

I stayed silent; my eyes shut tight. Wishing this were all just a bad dream. 

None of us talked as the teacher had started class. 

~Time-skip 20min into class brought to you by Himiko's magic~

Our teacher started passing out large packets filled with word problems.

"For the rest of class, I want you and your table to get as far as you can in this." She instructed.

"If you have any questions regarding the packet come and see me." She said as she sat down at her desk, taking a sip of whatever might be in her cup.

Noise erupted throughout the classroom as each group discussed the first question.

To me, it seemed pretty simple as it's just getting us warmed up to Sophomore material.

Our table went through the questions easily, but I tried to avoid sparking a convo with Kokichi.

By the end of class, we had gotten to question 22.

"I assume you all have phones, correct?" The teacher asked.

The class collectively answered 'yes.'

"Good. I want you are your table to get together after school and complete this packet by tomorrow." She said.

The class groaned at this, and I absolutely despised this. 

"Okay I'll you two my number." Rantaro said.

"Okay, I'll give you mine, Rantaro." Koichi said abruptly.

We all exchanged papers. I guess Kokichi didn't give me his because he already gave me his from the note earlier. 

"Now, who's keeping the paper?" Rantaro asked.

I shook my head, knowing that I wasn't very reliable. Plus, these days, you never know when I might just pass out.

"Guess I'll take it." Rantaro said.

I awkwardly picked up my stuff and just left the two at the desks.

 I left the classroom and headed where my locker was, getting all the stuff I needed after school together and ready to leave.

After I had left Hope Peak's Academy, I didn't feel like going home plus I don't know when Rantaro and Kokichi want to meet up.

I decided to go to the park basically in the middle of everything.

I sat down beneath a tree in the shade and got my Japanese textbook out and started working on page 12.

Soon, I received a text.

------------

Unknown: Hey! This is Rantaro. Me and Kokichi agreed to meet at Hope's Park around 4? Is that alright with you?

Me: Yeah that's fine. Cya guys then.

------------

Well, that was convenient. I'm already at the park so I won't have to go far as I work on my other homework.

Maybe I could run to a coffee shop real quick to get something to eat. Though I wasn't all that hungry.

As I sat under the tree, I finally finished my Japanese homework, and it was time to move on to Geography.

Pages flipped, pencils scratched on papers, and time wasn't patient as it ticked minute after minute, and soon enough, it was closing in on 4 o' clock.

I sighed as I looked at my phone. It was 4:06. I know they said around 4 but it bothers me that they didn't arrive on time. You may be thinking that I didn't see them, but I assure you the park is small with only a few trees and I'm in a corner so if I were to miss them th-

"Hey! I see you're working on the Science homework. The part of the Reproduction Types got a little tricky at the end." I heard Rantaro imply behind me.

I was too stunned in shock to even say anything. Guess I didn't notice them, I thought dryly. 

Kokichi was just grinning from the sidelines, happy to see me surprised. 

We all gathered at a shaded picnic table, and we worked on the math worksheet for about 20 minutes before we had completed it. 

"Phew! I thought we'd never finish. Who would of thought there'd be 50 questions in total!" Kokichi remarked while putting his hands behind his head.

"Well you could've just looked at the back, silly!" Rantaro said in a playful tone.

 I wish that I had the confidence to walk over someone like that...

"Well, It's only 4:31 and we should try to get to know each other better. I say, why don't we all head over to XXXX to get dinner together! Unless you guys have already eaten?" Rantaro asked excitedly.

We both shook our heads. 

I honestly wasn't that hungry but whatever.

We packed up our things and we walked over together, with Rantaro in the lead. 

When we arrived, we all seated ourselves at a booth, Rantaro and Kokichi sitting on one side while I sat alone on the other. We patiently waited for a waitress to come and give us menus.

"I love that decor." Kokichi said thoughtfully while looking at the strings of rope hanging from the ceiling. 

"It is... rather unique." I stated, trying to break the uneasy silence that I probably created.

"You're a shy one, eh?" Rantaro said, practically reading me.

I nervously just glanced my head away, not wanting to attract attention toward myself. 

"So, what happened before lunch?" I asked, mainly at Kokichi since he know what was up. 

Rantaro was more blunt and confused about this. Ater a while, while Kokichi was thinking, I was half wishing I never said that and I wish I was dead at the moment, so I was merely invisible as my floating dust passed by, ever so slightly causing the other air particles to bounce off of me.

Okay enough with the depressing metaphors. 

Kokichi was about to say something when the waitress came to our tables, dropping off menus. She had her hair braided in the back and it was dyed a hot pink. 

"May I get you guys started with anything to drink? We have Coke and Pepsi products." The lady asked politely.

"Hmmm May I have a Pepsi?" Rantaro said while patting his head.

"I'll just have a glass of water." I said to her.

"I'll have water too." Kokichi added.

She then left our table, and we were left looking at the appetizing menus. 

That's all for this chapter! It was sorta long kinda short.

Luvs yall!

Kaz Yaz-<3