• Lets Go A Little Further Back, Where It All Started •

Aazeah's Pov

Aazeah's Pov

" Ms. De Cadieux, your grandmother has sent me to wake you. She has told me to inform you of your session with Mr. Anderson. It has been moved up as he's had an unexpected occasion come up on his schedule and has requested to see you earlier."

My body awoke immediately as my eyes snapped open, it's doing what it's been trained to do for four years now. Back then, when I was first introduced to this lifestyle, grandmother had not taken too kindly to me being late for sessions, says that the men I am partnered with pays the business way too much for me to be such a lazy cow getting out of bed so late.

The training she incorporated included one of the working girls to stand outside of my room with a wooden paddle, where she was instructed to beat me awake if I did not rise in a timely manner.

Grandmother instructed the girls to not take it easy on me during the punishments. Some girls took that initiative, took grandmother's words as an open opportunity so they could take their jealousy out on me without consequence. They loved it.

The beatings occurred so often that after a while my body just became so accustomed to them. I started waking up at the sound of a voice entering my room automatically.

Coming of age in the caretaking of my grandmother was something that I wouldn't wish on the worst of my enemies, the occurrence of young women which was supposed to be a happy occasion, an ushering of childish youth into young womanhood, but my grandmother didn't care about that. I was fresh out of my preteen years, eighteen years of age when my grandmother all but forced me to start working for her.

Now I was was twenty one years of age still doing the same thing with the same clients. My life feeling like it was stuck in a full circle of gluttonous whoring. A high ranking woman of the night. Mistress Zae, the lower ranking girls had stuck to calling me, which ended up sticking even with clients.

I hated it. I hated that they called me that, I hated that I had to do things with my body with men who could care less about me, I hated my grandmother. I hated my life. If I had a way to escape, I would. My mother was able to escape with my father, but grandmother would never let that happen with me. Me? Finding a man that would love me enough to take me away from this life? That would never happen. Seems like the only way out for me would be to never wake up again, but I didn't mind that way either. What was life? Nothing but a bleak existence of me living for everybody else. Why should I care to be alive to live that?

Aggressive air passed through my nose as I moved the heavy blanket from over my body. My nightgown fanned out around me as I sat up in my bed. " Thank you Augustine, you may leave." I told the butler who had been standing there, head down, waiting for my reply.