XXV

Zayn was sitting in his room with Louis and Niall when Harry came inside with the biggest smile on his face and a shine in his eyes.

"Zee", he chirped happily and gave Zayn a hug. Niall and Louis exchanged looks of confusion with each other.

Zayn smiled back at Harry and kissed his cheek.

"You are looking very happy today Haz", Louis commented. "Any good news".

"I got the job", Harry told.

There were big smiles on Niall's, Louis's and Zayn's faces and the three of them congratulated him.

"This calls for double celebration", Niall said.

"Double?", Harry asked.

"Yeah, I got the job too mate", Louis told.

"Ohh congratulations", Harry hugged Louis. "Damn! I am so happy today. And you know the owner of the art gallery is so nice".

"Really?", Zayn raised his eyebrows  and Louis smirked knowingly.

"Yeah. Her name is Taylor. She is kind and really beautiful. It would be really nice to work with her", Harry told.

Zayn squinted his eyes at Harry and Harry wasn't even looking at him. The feeling of jealousy bubbling inside Zayn.

'How can he praise her like this? They both have just met and he is already so impressed by her', Zayn thought to himself.

Zayn looked at Harry who went on explaining about the art gallery and Taylor's cabin.

'He said that she was beautiful and kind. One day he would start liking her and they would come in a relationship and he would leave me'.

Zayn could feel tears brimming in his eyes. He was insecure that Harry would leave him for someone better.

'What am I?? Nothing. Not that beautiful like Taylor would be. She is a girl and she can give Harry everything he wants and I am just a useless boy who doesn't even know what to do with life', Zayn thought.

________________

It was the next day and Harry kept wondering what he did wrong. Zayn was acting odd. He was talking to everyone but Harry. Even when Harry went to check on his wounds, Niall was already there doing the work Harry is supposed to do. It hurt him but he didn't say anything.

Also, when Harry went to say good night to Zayn, he was already asleep.

Today was Harry's first day at work and the day started with Zayn acting so off with him.

"You ready, big guy?", Louis joked.

"Yeah", Harry chuckled half-heartedly.

"Don't be so sad Harry", Louis sighed. "Maybe Zayn is having some problem that's why he is acting like this. Talk to him and sort this all out".

"Hmm", Harry said.

"We will be waiting outside in the car", Liam told. "Go talk to him. You have 10 minutes, you take any more time and I am not dropping you off".

Harry laughed and saluted jokingly. He quickly went to Zayn's room and saw him writing on a notebook.

"What are you doing?", Harry asked.

Zayn flinched at his voice and place his hand on his heart. "Damn you scared the shit out of me".

This was something that Zayn got while he was at the brothel. The day when Cormac came into his room and assaulted him. After that, he got this habit of jumping on every loud sound. He now gets scared whenever he is alone and someone barges inside his room.

"Shit! I am so sorry Babe", Harry said and hugged Zayn, cradling him.

"Mmph", Zayn tried pulling away but Harry's hold on him just got tightened. He stopped making efforts of going away from him and just enjoyed his warmth and touch.

"I was so worried", Harry asked, still hugging him. "Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?".

Zayn just shook his head and wrapped his arms around Harry's waist.

"Then why were you acting so cold with me??".

Zayn sighed and said, "I thought I am a burden to you. You got this job for me even if you didn't like it".

Zayn lied because he thought he might sound selfish and foolish if he told the truth that he was jealous. And also, it wasn't like that he and Harry were in relationship so, he had no right to be mad at Harry for praising a woman.

"Babe! You are not a burden to me and you will never be. I want you to trust me on this".

Zayn nodded against Harry's chest and let him go.

"You'll be late. It's your first day, don't you have to make a good impression?", Zayn joked and Harry laughed at it. Zayn smiled at Harry and muttered a little 'go'.

"Fine. I'll be going now but once I come back, we both are going to watch your favourite Marvel movies all day", Harry told.

"Then go!! And come as fast as you can. Bye, I'll be waiting for you", Zayn said with a smile.

"Hm.... Bye", Harry said.

He quickly pecked Zayn's lips and ran out of the room, leaving Zayn blushing and touching his lips.