Ch 1.3: The last Serpent

Speaking

Kaiju /dinosaur speaking

Thinking

Telepathy

Flashback

God speaking

How?  How did this happen? there should've been no way for any Grimm to find us here! These were the thoughts of the many creatures of Pyros island. For thousands of years, their island had been shielded from the eyes of the Grimm. No Grimm had set foot on their island , or even been within four miles of it , So how had such an invasion force Get here! Even worse , an absolutely massive leviathan Grimm lead them, destroying swaths of buildings. Its flaming breath had burnt several troops to ash.

Those in the lead who survived told of a woman in a red dress riding on the leviathans head, leading the Grimm. This was terrifying, as no one but the queen of Grimm, Salem , should be able to control the Grimm. Those in charge , the queen priestess and her daughters , ran out to battle, leaving behind her youngest daughter. As they strode into battle , the queen changed into her true form , the  Ancient dragon serpent and charged towards the leviathan Grimm . They wrestled across the beachside, while The woman jumped off the massive creature and headed in-land.

As all this was going down, The island was being evacuated. Massive ships were being filled with people. As the princess of Pyros got to the evacuation beach , She began to hear screaming. She turned her gaze towards the sea and gasped. The evacuation ships were torn apart and the survivors were being picked off by sea Grimm. They knew that they would try to escape. This was more than a random charge. This was an extinction event. The princess ran, her Guards lost in the panicking crowd. She ran into a cave, one she and her mother had visited for a very long time. 

She ran deep into the cave , far past the places that her mother said to stop at . She ran deeper , and deeper , before stopping in a cave with paintings on the wall. she had been here only once before, but she had felt safe when she was here. As she gazed upon the images on the wall, she wondered why. The images showed extreme violence, Bodies piling and burning at the feet of a dragon serpent, that was defeated by another, one followed by a strange shadow. The shadow seemed to be a worshipped being, and the dragon serpent bowed to it in several images. 

As she looked upon the images, someone was walking into the cave  . The woman in the red dress followed the footprints into the cave. As she walked deeper into the cave she could feel something watching her. It felt like a shadow began following  her from the exact moment that she set foot in the cave. She had to continue despite this. The girl within could potentially be one of the maidens, and even if she wasn't , she was still a potential threat. The woman walked deeper.

The princess looked on another image in confusion. The image seemed to show A dragon serpent and several other beings surrounded by shadow. The shadow seemed to be a good thing and it swirled above them in serpentine form. It almost looked like a void . The thing that confused her most is the fact that the dragon serpent looked like her. it had her scale color and her horns. In fact, one of the images showed the names of the beings, and the serpent had her name. Is this a prophecy ? She thought. Is this my future , Being a champion of this strange void serpent?

As she thought upon this, the woman in the red dress walked in. as the woman stepped forward, She suddenly felt immense pressure on her, as though gravity began to push on her specifically. her grunt of surprise alerted the princess of her impression. The young girl instantly backed away, knowing somehow that this woman was her enemy.  The woman in the red dress just sighed , and rushed at her. Before she could lay a hand on the princess, she was stopped. she could feel the darkness around her gripping her body tightly. behind the girl, a portal opened. She quickly rushed into it. The woman barely noticed this , as the void itself had caught her attention. "̓̿͒͟͟͢ ͈̯͂̊C̓͐͢͜ḭ̼̊͠ņ͓̒́de̲̦͙͍͐̉̒̓r̪̙̝̐̎͡ ̗͔̖́̚͘,̥̳̜̾̒̍ ̧̛͖͎̎͒L̹̞̍͛́̓͊͢͟ͅet͙̆ ̪̰͓̈̅͂͑͟yọ͒ȕ̩̰̼͖̆́͛r̜͎̿͠ m̡̩͓̼͌̀̉̓̈́͟a̧͇͓̐͗͗š̻͟͝tȩ̨̪̘͂̇͊̄ŗ̪̰͉͓̍͑͋̓͡ ̡̣̙̝͚̀̅͑̍͝ḵ͑n̨͚̿̒o̢͚͗̆w̟̻̐̽ ̜̥͓̌̀́t̛̞̜̂h̘́a͈͆t͚̝́̈́ ̹̯̲̯̖͒̔̿̑͂Ã͇̺̻̹̾̌̓͢͡r̳̥̪̀̽̓as̡͍̊̅h̗̀i ̝̜̠͓̔́̃͠h͙͖͕͉̏̾̈́͡a̧͙̬͉̣̒̋̂̐̂š̗͎̱̗̑̆̑ ̲̼̳͒́͒es͚̼͚̲̿̾̊̍ç̨̞͙̈́͊͊͠a̰̚p̬̯̋̀̐͜e̗̭͍̠̍̀̊͊͗͟d̨̹̳̀͑̈.̺̜͓̬̽̊̕͞ ͇͕͛̑He̤̻̩̅̿̐̇ͅr ̭͓͒̓e̻̿m̟̠͓̼͔̓͋͛̑̚p͖̲̯̽̑͡ĩ͉ṛ̻̉͝ȇ̺ ̪̣͍͂͆̄sĥ̗a̯̐l̰͇̲̓̓̌l ̝̻̙̪͈̀̿͑͆̂f͕͠ą̼̲̃͘̚l̘̰͉͗̐̚̚͟l̹͉̖̪̉͐̑͝ ̨̲̞͂̊̓̕ͅâ̧͓̇n̲͔̹͡͡͡d̛̺̖͍͓̎̑̚ ̙̞̉́C͓̃h̡͍̘̤̀̌̔̈i̯͔̠̎̈͝k̭̖͚̔̀͒y̗̭͈̣̫̎̀͛̌̍ư͙͍̖̩̫̌́͂̉ ̣̻̈̕ş͙̲͒͌̾h̖͈̼̙͋͛̓͡a̺͆l͖̗͌̊̾͗̓͢͟͟l̰̫̒̒ ̺̥̽̀s̨̄̽ͅų͞r̼͙͇̭̀͐̃́̕ͅvî͉v̥̳̤̱̘̾́͋͠͠e̛̩͍̽̒ͅ.̢̛̺̲̤̙̇̒̀͋ ̞͕̱͌̉͞T̛̮̪̼̦͐͐͗h̩̜͂͒ĭ̝͈̥̬͋̐͝s̡̙̼͇̏̂͐̚ ̡̙̯̓̏͐i͕͓̞̻̮̐̑̀͘͞s͖̗̫̐͑̔ ̭͍̝͖͒͐̕̚w̼͚͑̓h̼̙͎̐̋́͐ͅa̖͌t ͓͙̬̭̫̿̿͋̓̃T̘̰̦̯̑̆́͘h͓̗̦̐̈́͊ẹ̲̌̕ ̯͚̳̾̍̅͢͠V̮̰͗̾̉͜o͎̍́͢i̳̾d͍̞̉̊̃͜ ̛̙͈̐̽͜S̼̞̫̉̎͘͘ͅȩ̨͕́̔͡ŕ̘͍̂pe͎͇͇̅̽̒nţ͔̑͞ ̢̭̐͌̕͟h͑͜as ̬́͝ͅd̩̹͇̫̈͗̕͝ec͔͑r̛͔͍͓͐̿͡ͅee̢͓̦̬̐̐̎̈́d̨̒͂ͅ.̘̗͕̏̀̎"̨̰̦̃́̍̏͜ And in the same breath, it was gone. Cinder fell to her knees in shock. .............Did a god just speak to me?

Outside , a thud was heard. The queen had fallen and so had her daughters. in her last moments, she looked up towards the darkening sky. Please lord void serpent .......... take care of arashi......