Chapter 7 - Deep Darkness

When they arrived to the large and deep river, they turned right and then crossed the bridge.

„It should be somewhere here."

Are you sure, Rona?", said Mily.

„Ah... I should ask Cyril for more info!"

Cyril? So you work for Cyril?"

„Oops!"

No problem, just be careful. I heard, that he is doing some shady business.", said Rolland.

„Okay. Thanks."

Rona suddenly spotted a hole to the ground. They decided to explore it and appeared in some larger cave. Corridors inside were well made and all were lid up. The trio kept exploring the place. They found some gold coins and also small weapons of low quality, which they left at their place. Soon they arrived at some locked door. Mily was a skilled thief and so she managed to unlock it, even with her one hand. Inside the room they found more gold coins and also some special items. In the room they also found one larger magnifying glass. Rona realized what it is and started to identify all items she found:

- A white orb: The orb of punishment. When it is destroyed, a pillar of light will appear and heal or kill everyone in the area. Its radius is 1km. The effect depends on the last person, who held it in its hands. If the person is good, the area will be struck by dark energy, which will kill all living beings and heal all dark ones.

If the person is evil, it will struck with holy energy, which will kill all dark beings and heal all living ones.

If the person is neutral, the light will kill everyone.

Orb colors: white = good person, red = evil person, pink = neutral person.

„(Oh! What is this?! It is very dangerous item. Better if I store it fast."

What is that Orb, Rona?", asked Mily.

„It can show weather. It said, that we will get wet today."

Ahhh!" (sigh)

-A dagger: ornamental dagger. It is not made for fighting.

- A ring: The ring of Protection - it can protect the owner from a sudden death.

„Hmm... and here is the same one. You can take them.", said Rona and handed them to Rolland and Mily.

Thanks."

They found many more other items, but were not able to identify them all... because some voices could be heard from farther space of the cave. The trio decided to leave the cave as fast as they can. When they got outside, they noticed a group of people standing nearby.

Bandits!", said Rolland silently.

„Oh, no! They spotted us. Run!"

Do you think, that that cave is their hideout?!"

Girls and Rolland managed to get on the bridge, but suddenly another group of bandits appeared in their front.

What we have here? You decided to rob bandits? Hahaha. That was very bad idea!"

„No, we were just passing by and saw a rabbit hidden in that hole and wanted to catch it for a dinner."

Good try. But I have two questions for you: first: where is that rabbit and why you have our jewels in your pockets?!"

What can we do, Rona?", asked Mily just before an arrow hit her and she fell down to the river.

Nooooo!", shouted Rolland and jumped down after her.