𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙'𝙨 𝙚𝙭𝙚𝙨

"Shit.". Zenitsu didn't look up from his phone, far too sunken in the funny videos his friends had sent him. The low, exasperated groan echoing off the walls didn't faze him either. "Fucking-", loud rumbles and a damp crash followed, "FUCK!".

Honeyed eyes snapped up, eyebrows scrunching in irritated wonder. Turning his head ever so slightly, Zenitsu eyed the door frame leading to his lover's art room. Tengen had been in there for two or three hours now, ever since they had gotten back home from his Gramps'. Breakfast had been more relaxed compared to last night's dinner, even though they had shared a bed together. His Gramps didn't seem to mind, whereas Zenitsu regretted it rather fast. Tengen had kissed just the right places on his nape, had pressed his body just right against his own in a play of dangerous seduction. Which, of course, the younger man couldn't let happen. Not when his damn older brother literally slept across the hall.

Perhaps that was the cause of Tengen's frustration? Something seemed to have him pent up ever since this morning. But to think that it led to him thrashing around in his studio, had Zenitsu perking up interest. His boyfriend hadn't expressed any anger issues until now; that, or the blond had been too in love to notice them. Huh.
Just as he was about to get up, the door opened. Tengen stepped out of it, meeting his lover's questioning gaze. "Don't ask.", was all he got as an answer. Not that he needed one, now that he could see him. On his grey shirt, one that he always wore when being all artsy and crafty, were fresh stains of color. A long line of fat splotches in purple, which somehow suited him.

"That kind of day?", Zenitsu suppressed an amused smirk at the disheveled, snow white hair that was tied up halfway. There was also some paint in it, parallel to Tengen's cheek which was smeared with coal. It was obvious that he'd tried different approaches to whatever he had wanted to achieve - only to achieve nothing but frustrations in the end.
The older man huffed in annoyance, "That kind of day.". He rolled his eyes, not at the blond, but at himself. "I get nothing done today. I want to, I really do. It's just...". Broad shoulders slumped in a motion so foreign on Tengen, that it prompted Zenitsu to walk over to him. He looked unusually distressed and somewhat sad; emotions, he knew, his boyfriend disliked to show.

Taking his handsome face into his hands, proved as the right decision. The older man relaxed, closing his eyes and leaning into the touch. "It's fine.", Zenitsu mumbled. His thumbs brushed over his cheeks, smearing some of the coal around. Not that either of them minded. "Some days will be like that.". Even a man as close to perfection as Tengen had to have bad days. It was simply fair.
Sighing, the taller man straightened back up again. "I know.", he took hold of the hands cradling his cheeks, "Thank you.". He pressed a soft kiss to the balm of Zenitsu's right hand, before repeating it on the left one. Reluctantly, he let go. "I'm gonna take a shower.". The blond nodded, watching his lover slouch away. Whatever it was, he suspected that having a bad day wasn't the only thing muting Tengen in such a way.

─── ☽ · ❉ · ☾ ───

An hour later, around afternoon, the couple walked side by side around the city. It had been Zenitsu's grandiose idea; to take a walk in the shopping district and to take their minds off of things. It was nice, both had to admit. The past days had been eventful - be it because of Zenitsu meeting Rengoku Kyojurou in a private setting, or the chaotic meeting between Tengen and his family. Thus, a calm stroll was simply perfect for them.

Watching the area surrounding them, Zenitsu noticed other couples around. Young men with pretty women of the same age, sometimes pairs of younger students, with linked arms, seldomly outright holding hands. Although, most only walked next to another, similar to Tengen and him. PDA wasn't a big thing in Japan, after all. So, being able to be this close, with or without their hands touching, was more than he had dreamt of back when their relationship had started. It was freeing in a way - being in an official relationship his Gramps had approved of. It felt as if nothing could be in their way from now on. It was a thought that had the blond smile warmly, not fitting the dreary and cloudy weather at all.