History of the Funnel-Web

Third POV

Bob sat the boys down to have a very serious chat with them about a seen critter roaming about the treehouse causing havoc for anyone who has already come across this beast. Bob stood up, holding his weight over the table facing the boys. "This spider is highly venomous." He stated, eyeing Dec, knowing his luck before being bitten by a mouse spider. Dec's jaw dropped, feeling a sense of fear fuel him since he's usually prone to be bitten or stung by anything and would hate the idea of being bitten.

"How venomous are we talking?"

Dec asked, sounding panicked he would literally scream and run away if faced with it. Terrified of being bitten without knowing the dangers of the big fangs of this hell-spawn monster that is well known for being the cause of most hospitalizations each year. Not many fatality rates ever since the funnel-web anti-venom was created. But that didn't stop the chill that went down his back. Bob bit his lip anxiously, knowing he needs to tell the boys, especially if they encounter this type of spider at the moment, touch wood they haven't.

"If bitten by this spider, it's a medical emergency..." Bob said, feeling horrible for even saying such a thing. Both boys were speechless at what the Aussie paramedic and also their friend just said. Dec began to tremble even more frightened now cause it could end up putting him or Ant in hospital, adding on the year they've already had that would be the final nail in their coffin of them. "You can survive the spider bite if you are given the Anti-venom for it -"

"C-Can it kill you?"

Dec asked sounding like he was about to burst into tears knowing he needed an answer if he or Ant ever get bitten by this demon in the body of a gigantic black spider which rears in its back legs with fangs and venom exposed when agitated. Bob silently nodded. He couldn't say it knowing how fragile Dec's heart is at the moment. Dec covered his mouth he felt sick. The idea of being around a dangerous spider was frightening. Ant was just stunned as well as very afraid. "Don't worry, Decs," Ant said, trying to encourage his panicked best friend. He remembered the time Dec was bitten by a spider it was funny as well as bittersweet. "It won't get us, want to lay on the floor with your legs in the air again -"

"Oh shush!" Laughed Dec as he punched Ant hard in the arm and gently In the ribs," that was so embarrassing, " he added. Bob watched with a smile tugging at his lips. He loves them to bits and wants to keep them safe every waking minute, especially now, with a killer spider on the loose. After being called out for the show to start Bob and the rangers did another look around the treehouse decking for where the boys would be standing for their first link. Finally completing it, they had some free time an hour exactly for the link down at the camp.

Ant was checking his phone while Dec was leaning forward over the balcony railing. Deep in thought, however, his mind was set on destroying that spider Bob, and the rest of the crew kept babbling on about. Finally snapping out of his reverie as he looked over his shoulder to face Ant, who was looking at his phone, replying to tweets. "Hey, Anth?" Dec called out wanting Ant's attention. He was bored and paranoid about the monstrosity that was a funnel-web spider.

Ant looked up and smiled; "yes Dec?" He said softly while Dec turned around to face Ant leaning on the rails with his back. "I hope we can find that spider." He sighed. Ant craned his neck to the side before realizing he was bringing up the spider again. Ant was now fiddling with his phone on off standby while he listened to his best mate's complaining.

"I'm sure we'll find it." Ant replied, now throwing his phone into his hands "Besides I'm sure Bob's overreacting about how dangerous it is -"

"Why would he be 'overreacting' Ant?" Retorted Dec with an incredulous look on his face now waving his arms in the air. Ant laughed a little before giving Dec a reassuring smile as he walked forward, pulling his best mate into his arms and holding Dec close. "Calm down, scrappy-doo. I'm playing with you, pet." He said, kindly placing a warm, comforting hand on Dec's cheek. That took away the remaining fear Dec had for the spider and continued to listen to the jungle's wildlife.