Training Day 2

It Was the second day of training, the day before our individual sessions.
I decided my first thing to practice for the day was climbing. I figured it be wise to hide up in trees or just to escape a battle.

It was a Cargo climbing net that flips upside down the more weight you apply to it. As expected I fell the moment it flipped, but I gave it another try. After a while of slow climbing, I managed to climb to the top of the structure. From the top of it, I saw Mark from a distance.
He was in a room by himself except an adult behind a wall. He was blindfolded.
I climbed down and walked over to the station to see what he was doing. The adult noticed me but focused his attention on Mark.

Mark couldn't see anything, but her was armed with mini throwing knifes. A single target behind him lit up and rang a ping sound. Mark suddenly snapped behind him and swung a knife towards the target, hitting it dead on. Targets around him lit up and pinged at different times. Mark, unable to see, threw the knifes at each other target only missing once or twice. He only got a bullseye a few times.
He didn't do too well, but it was still impressive.
He took off the blindfold and his eyes widened once he saw me.
"Uh- hi." He said nervously.

"You never told me you could do that?!" I praised.

He shrugged. "Honestly, I didn't even know that I could."

He took a minute to view his work, staring at the targets that he got a bullseye. He looked back at me but quickly looked away as his smile faded. I turned around to see what he was looking at.

Xavier was there, staring at both of us with a killer look in his eye. He stared at two target dummies attached to the walls. He held two large swords in his hands and threw them aggressively. Both the swords landed on the heads of the dummies. It was like he pictured those two dummies as us. He walked always giving us a creepy smirk.

"Damn, he's really ruthless." I mumbled.

Mark sighed.
"I didn't get to tell you this yesterday but I wanted to thank you."

I looked back up at him. "For what?"
"Just saving me from him. He probably would've done more damage if you weren't there."

I noticed the bruise on his face, covered by his hair. Bushed it aside to get a full view of it. Mark jumped and froze after feeling my touch.
"Sorry, didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

He sighed lightly.
"You can see if you want."

I was hesitant, but I softly moved his hair aside again to see the bruise. Mark didn't seem to mind too much surprisingly after his first reaction to my touch.
"Was it from the slap?" I asked.
He nodded as I dropped my hand down.

"I wish I could've helped more before he got injuries more."
He shook his head quick. "No, you did enough, I didn't want you get in the same trouble he did."

"I don't care." I exclaimed. "Anything that would've saved you, it would be worth it."

Mark didn't really know how to respond to that.
He walked away from me, smiling but I could be wrong.

A little while after that, I got a glance of some of the other tributes, some who I would eventually learn the names of, thanks to the tribute board.
First the Careers:

I already knew about Xavier, dangerous and coming from an abusive household.

Anika. The Same district as Xavier's. 16 years of age, same as me. Good with a bow from what her records showed on the board.

Grant. 16 and from District 7. Good a crafting and hunting. The moment I noticed him, he was crafting a fish hook.

Luis. 15 and from District 1. Pretty impressive skill for throwing spears and tridents.