39: Let's forget it

Oliver stared at his reflection, all the designs on his white suit and black trousers looking like things from a black fantasy branch, he adjusted his bowtie underneath the black collar of his black inner button-down shirt, which he wore beneath his tux. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail, he looked like a prince. His looks screamed MILLIONS but his soul screamed BROKEN.

"Oliver! The guests await you, come on!" Elizabeth shouted from outside Oliver's room, he left the mirror going to open the door. When he met her, she looked stunning in her slim diamond dress and her vibrant long blond hair.

She placed a hand on his cheek "You're so handsome, darling dearest." She smiled.

"Thanks, mother, we don't have to look far. I got it from you." He grabbed her hand, tucking it under his.

"Mark is the happiest man on earth, he had priceless jewelry in his house." He said referring to his mother who grinned as they traveled the halls to the stairs that would lead them into the ceremony.

Oliver and Elizabeth his mother went down the stairs, as they appeared in public everyone stopped to clap and welcome him, as he had always done, he smiled and nodded at them. The decoration was breathtaking, it expressed artistic love and luxury, with wine and gold being the principal colors, the table dressed in either wine or golden fabric mixed together, how beautiful it was.

His father came to join them in a similar suit to his, as his mother left to meet some other friends. He followed him up to the private seat on the pulpit. His father made some honorable speech about him and how he had raised him in such a fashioned story leaving the dark and brutal treatment aside.

There were flashlights everywhere, occasionally the people would clap, and cheer as they walked.

"I would like to invite beside me today our celebrant, my son, Oliver Tomlinson Brooks," Christopher announced with a smile. Oliver walked up to him grinning. People always wanted to see that, the joyful smile so fake, nothing gloomy, it was bad for business.

Christopher placed a hand around him as he leaned forward to speak on the mic, "Today it is a pleasure for me to offer to my son Zilda and Ida as his officially, and two mansions in London, and ST Louis." A man rushed to the stage to hand the papers to him, Oliver was not surprised by it, he got an Island the other time, and previously he got three cars and more.

As he offered it to Oliver he had to force the words out, "This is highly appreciated father and I won't disappoint you. You have been a man that pulls me through the right tracks and I have not had the opportunity to stumble. I'm very much glad to have a father like you." He said spitting out the words and feeling the bitterness on his tongue

Everyone clapped and cheered louder. After some speech from his mother who presented her own gift he cut his cake and took pictures with family and friends and the party began with a piece of classical music in the background everyone moving from one side to another to fetch a drink or something to bite.

Oliver found himself alone sipping his champagne after he successfully escaped an endless business talk with his father's friends and so many nobles who wanted to interview him.

"Hello, Mr. Brooks." A familiar voice greeted.

Oliver looked up to see the warm face of Ms. Amber.

"Greetings Miss, Please be seated." He gestured for a seat nearby which she accepted.

"You look elegant this evening." He commented as she wore a highly fashioned black dress that had one puff hand in a bow and none on the other.

"What a gentleman." She smiled as she reached for a glass of champagne.