Chapter 13 - New Encounters...

After walking alongside Kang-dae for a while, I finally saw the giant doors that had once been our only asylum from the creatures outside the halls of this game.

'I need to get to the room the journal talked about.'

While I thought of this, we approached and saw all the others who appeared to have been discussing the map that Ari was holding.

Guessing from their expressions, I would assume they were having trouble agreeing on something.

'System.' I called in my mind.

-"Yes my host, 'White Lotus'?"-

'How many creatures are outside the gate?' I then questioned.

As a response, I heard mechanical beeping that I assume was it's way of checking out the area.

Because of this, I had a burst of confidence energy my bones.

With my hearing aids and system I don't think I will fall down so easily.

'System.'

-"Yes my esteemed host?"-

'The hearing aids... Do they have the ability to break?' I said in my head as I get closer to the group.

-"To answer you question; yes! They do break- but you always have the ability to repair it in the same way you upgrade your weapons~ Remember to not let it fully break! Once it gone, it gone. These hearing aids hear from a far! Nothing can escape my lotus~"-

At that my thought had a realization.

'Wait...' I had began to think before being interrupted.

"Why are you walking so slowly?! Common! We need to go. It's time." Said Ari who had jumped up and took me by my arm when she noticed us.

"Cynthia! How was your sleep? We packed everything and we are ready to go." Said Balam who gave Kang-dae the map that she might have taken from Ari to keep.

By then, the beeping sound was gone.

All I did was hum and say, "I slept well, thank you."

Ari interjected into the conversation by saying, "Are you going to tell her and Kang-dae where we are going? I want to go already."

As a result, I looked at the door while waiting for Ari to finish what she was saying.

When she was done, I looked at Balam and waited for her to start explaining.

"Well-" began Balam before she was cut of by Do-yun who said, "-We are hoping to explore more until we go to the throne room. We still don't know what to do with that bow you have you know-"

"-Right." Said Balam as she hit him in the head and gave kang-dae a look.

"In conclusion we really don't know where we are heading but we still need to walk around these halls before we move on to the next floor. Have an idea?" She question Kang-dae.

All he did was look at the map and review it one more time before he slowly spoke, "We'll go to the the right side of the castle."

At that, all of us nodded and faced the door of the treasury.

While all this was playing out, I wasn't quite out of my thoughts.

I was concerned over what my system had said.

'It doesn't add up.'

How could I not hear Kang-dae's footsteps when I was at the podium.

That thought kept circling in my mind- even when both Balam and Kang-dae started to open the giant door.