01 𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙀𝙒𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀𝙍𝙎

01, other newcomers
chapter one.

'Should I also become one?' The news spread around the island quickly and everyone knew what was happening. A young boy on the island is boarding a ship to become a hunter. The ship to the exam site was gradually approaching Whale Island so you needed to hurry.

Ever since the massacre of your village, you've never viewed certain things the same. Because going back to the island gave you ptsd and traumatic flashbacks, you decided to live on Whale Island. There wasn't really a choice and it wasn't bad at all. Everyone was really kind and treated you as if you belonged there since day one.

The only downside is that there were barely any children on the Island, which made you basically friendless. 'What should I pack?' You stressed.

Your fingers started to massage your temples and your eyes were fixated on the forest green backpack. The same backpack you wore when you left Starling Village, your hometown. That was the last thing Rina has ever left you, and you cherished it and brung it everywhere you went in memory of her.

You walked over to the corner of your small room and counted all of your weapons and which one you should bring. Ever since that incident, you went through brutal training and tons of practices of meditation just to make sure you don't lose anyone else precious to you as how you did with them.

You learned how to use knives, swords, wooden bokkens, and pistols. You tried to learn how to dual wield guns but you accidentally shot your arm. It wasn't too bad, it just happened to skim the surface of your skin.

Learning how to use wooden bokkens were mandatory whilst living in your old village. Starling Village and the Kurta Clan were basically neighbors. They adapted each others culture and eventually some came from both Starling and Kurta clan. Learning each others fighting styles and techniques symbolized respect for each other.

Not to mention, you weren't exactly the strongest, but you we're definitely above average for your age. You were not only physically strong, but you definitely were street and academically smart. You've had a proper education for the last 12 years and you weren't the worst in school. Maybe one of the top 20's but nothing too shocking.

You were always quick on the uptake and knew how to react once moments notice so you never really struggled. Your intuition and gut feeling was amazing. You always followed the mindset "trust your gut no matter what".

It clicked. 'I'll just pack something simple. I doubt that the hunter exam will be challenging anyways.' You thought to yourself— in which you were terribly mistaken.

You packed bandages, painkillers, two swords and two guns ( one being a handgun and the other being a normal pistol ), and of course food and beverages. You were more than satisfied with what you packed.

01, other newcomers
chapter one.

Boarding the ship, you turned around and waved goodbye to everyone on the island. Especially giving a special 'goodbye' to the woman that took care of you on Whale Island, Hana.

Hana stretched out her arms and waved at you. Her arms crossed in approval and she gave you a thumbs up. "Bye Y/n! Have a safe trip and make sure to come home with that hunter's license! Make us rich, okay?"
She got up on her tippy-toes and tried not to blend in with the crowd.