Chapter 28: All Secrets Are Out

Months of intense chemotherapy and radiation therapy regime had made Mr. Kim lose a lot of weight and body hair. Recently, he also underwent biliary bypass surgery. Mr. Kim was still maintaining a tight healthy diet under medical dietician supervision. Doctor Jeon Jungkook still continued to do regular check-ups as well. Though there was a chance that the cancer cells could come back, hopefully all those medical procedures and healthy lifestyles could help him to have a better quality of life in years to come.

"When will you two stop fooling around?" Mr. Kim frowned, watching Taehyung giggled and flirted with Seokjin at the dinner table.

"W-what? W-we're not fooling around!" Taehyung was baffled. He turned his face and looked at his father.

"Seokjin, you too!" Mr. Kim complained.

"A-abonim..." Seokjin was lost for words. Embarrassed. Those red hues crept up to his neck.

"Stop fooling around and get married already!" He scooped pudding into his mouth. "And I thought someday I could have grandchildren from each of you! I didn't expect that both of you would fall in love with each other instead and will give me no grandchildren at all..."

"Appa, we can adopt a dog if you want to play with a grandchild..." Taehyung said, but Jin quickly poked him with his elbow.

"You two are acting like teenagers in a craze!"

"More like bunnies in heat!" Mrs. Yang and her husband came into the dining room to collect the dinner dishes. "They made out everywhere, probably even made love all over the house, too..." She joined the conversation, making Seokjin choke on his dessert.

"As long as you don't do it in my kitchen!" She added, but Taehyung started to giggle.

"W-what?!" Mrs. Yang was startled and stared at him. "You did, didn't you?!" Her eyes bulged out in disbelief.

"Just twice!" Taehyung laughed.

"OH MY GOD!!!" Mrs. Yang was dumbfounded. She covered her mouth, while Seokjin had already covered his dark red face.

"Mr. Kim??!!" Mrs. Yang was waiting for Mr. Kim to say something, but Mr. Kim just sighed and scratched his head.

"Don't look at me, Mrs. Yang." He got up and left the dinner table. "Don't you dare to do it in my study!" He turned back and made time to threaten the boys before he finally left.

Mrs. Yang then looked at her husband, who also just shrugged helplessly.

Taehyung burst out into laughter. He enjoyed teasing her, while Seokjin mumbled embarrassedly. "We're sorry, Mrs. Yang—-"

"No, we're not!" Taehyung cut him, still laughing hard in his chair.

***

*

"You looked so happy lately." Mr. Yang joined Mr. Kim Yoon Jae in his study and served him a cup of warm tea after dinner that night.

"How can I not? In the end, all of our plans are finally working out even better than I expected." He smiled, took the tea, and sipped it contently.

"Hmm..." Mr. Yang smiled and nodded his head.

"But Taehyung falling in love with Seokjin was a bonus I didn't expect. How did you even find that out, Mr. Yang?"

"At first, it was just Taehyung's habit of depending on Seokjin. Then when he was in his senior year of college, I began to see how Seokjin's absence started to affect Taehyung's mood."

"Aah..." Mr. Kim sipped his tea again. "I still remember when Seokjin barged into this room and begged me to not send Taehyung to the U.S. That was the first time I ever saw him cry and beg. That was when I knew Seokjin would do anything for Taehyung."

"And Taehyung also cried just right outside that door... He must've been very terrified. Their bond were so strong."

"Yeah. It was so painful to see them suffer from the separation. But what you've said about their bond turned out to be true. They finally found their way back to each other. It was a huge bet, though."

"But we won, Mr. Kim."

Mr. Kim chuckled. "Yeah, we won."

*****