Arcade And (almost) Death

The following chapter takes place the two days after the previous one and  5 days after the boys came back from camp.

Richie is doing his research on the wheeler's family tree with some help from El, who he was becoming great friends with. He was yet to figure out why the boys were so similar.

Mike was doing his best to befriend the Losers and learn more about them. He had been to 2 sleepovers, one at Bill's on the first day and one with Bev on the second. Today he was planning on visiting the arcade for the first time, Richie suggested he bring Eddie because they hadn't been spending much time together.

The boys called every night, giving updates on what was going on. Richie reported that El and Max had some how become friends while he was at camp and that the kids all thought that Will was crushing on someone, though they didn't know who. Mike reported that Stan had dragged him into bird watching and they had found some rare bird he couldn't remember the name of and Bev got so tired of Richie and Eddie's shit that he literally made a sign.

Richie was disappointed that now there actually was a sing, until Mike said that he had ripped it.

Mike felt sort of bad for ripping it but everyone (even Bev) laughed.

Mike was still doing his best to avoid all blonde people who weren't Stan.

........................

9:45 am.

Mike examined the Kaspbrak house before knocking, trying to figure out if it was the right one.

Mike figured that Richie must knock on the wrong doors at least 40 times a week so it wouldn't matter if he was wrong.

He knocked and waited a minute. No response.

He knocked again. No response.

He rang the door bell and knocked harder.

He heard a muffled "Are you gonna get that?!" from inside the house before loud steps.

The door sang open and Eddie stood there with a pissed yet confused facial expression.

"Richie? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was heading over to the arcade." Mike said but Eddie remained with the same face.

"Ok?" Eddie said. Why did Richie feel the need to tell him this? "Is that it?"

Mike was puzzled. Did Eddie not like the arcade? Why had Richie suggested that he come with if he didn't like the arcade?

"I was wondering if you wanted to come along." Mike said, trying to sound like this was all planned out.

Eddie didn't like the arcade. It was dirty and messy and disorganized. He wanted to hangout with Rich but not enough to face the arcade. He was about to say no and suggest they do something elas when Richie added: "You know, cause we haven't hung out since I got here and I missed you."

Eddie smiled. Richie was annoying and loud an kind of acted like a 4 year old that wanted attention at their sibling's party, but every once in a while, he was pretty sweet.

"Or we could just stay here and I'll get to see your hot ass mom." Mike added, trying to make the sentence more Richie-like.

"BEEP BEEP RICHIE!" Eddie shouted.
Moment ruined.

Mike laughed then grabbed Eddie's wrist. "Come on, let's go." He said as he laughed.

"Dude, It's like, 9 am." Eddie said. "My mom isn't gonna let me just leve." Mike was still holding his wrist.