Homesick At Space Camp

Patrick sat on the bunk bed, his back leaning against the wall. He tried to think of something, anything. Glancing at his watch, he realised it was already midnight. The guys had gone off somewhere, leaving him stuck here with only the thought of you.

It wasn't like you guys were dating or anything. Just friends. You weren't even close, only knowing each other for several months. Neither of you could even keep eye contact for longer than a split second. It was awkward to say the least. But holy smokes, he missed you.

"I can't fucking believe I didn't have the guts to ask her," he swore under his breath. "But why would I even think she'd come?"

He'd meaning to extend the invitation since they planned the trip but convinced himself that you'd never accept. A small part of him hoped you'd would. Maybe, just maybe. But he'd never know, it was too late now.

Letting out a long sigh, he closed his eyes and thought of you. Your style, your cynicism, your voice, your smile, everything. He had almost fallen asleep had it not been for the rest of the guys coming back.

"Lunchbox! We bought you pizza!" Joe's voice boomed, jolting him awake.

"Dude, you should've seen the hot chicks that were there," Pete's obnoxious laugh made a small smile creep onto his face.

"Hey, you alright?" they asked, as they saw Patrick with his head down.

"What? Nothing." He sounded pathetic. They all knew it.

"You missing someone?"

His only response was a little nod and they immediately knew who he was thinking of.

"Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say," Pete started saying, humming some tune he'd just made up. Seeing Patrick's confused expression, he suggested writing a song.

He smiled. The others nodded excitedly. It was late, but they had pizza. It was probably a bad idea.

As they continued to write and play their instruments, Patrick still longed to see you but it was no longer painful. Hopefully, Y/N will like this, he thought to himself, eagerly waiting to show you his new song, for you.