Chapter 27

The next morning, I wake late, like 11pm after having sex on and off most of the night. Talk about a pleasurable encounter. If we never have sex again, I'll never forget that night as long as I breathe. To say Rico was a beast between the sheets wouldn't even be an embellishment. No one's ever fucked me as many times or the way he did. Which is why my body is still in a sex daze.

My god, if him I shared a bed every night, we'd get no sleep. The thought makes me want to go back and relive the night all over again.

With bed hair and one pyjama leg pulled up and the other down, I exit my room, pulling the door shut behind me, hoping the room doesn't smell like sex. The house is quiet, beside the sound of the T. V going and Trav channel surfing.

"Morning, Lex," Trav nods. "You must have been tired."

I smile and nod as I stretch my arms high above my head. "I barely slept."

Trav gives me a knowing nod before he turns back to the T. V, a grin spreading across his face now. Oh, God, it seems no matter what I say; even he knows what we did. I enter the kitchen bowed legged and tender as Ella pours boiling water from the kettle in her mug.

"Here's the princess," Ella grins as she stirs her mug. "How'd you sleep?"

I reach into the high cupboard and pull out a cup, setting it down in front of my sister. "Please be a wonderful sister and make me an extra strong coffee. Back to your question. Yeah, I slept ok. Why?"

"You do much last night," she quizzes as she removes the lid from the canister and adds a large teaspoon of coffee into my cup.

I lean back against the bench and shrug. "Nothing. Why?"

She giggles. "Liar. Rico stayed with you last night. I can't believe he'd stay here after coming from that mansion. He must really like you."

I wave a hand at her. "He doesn't like me, he just wanted to... make sure I was ok?"

"Oh please, I'm not an idiot, Lex."

"I know. But I don't have to tell you everything?"

Ella sighs. "We're sisters and best friends. Have been all our lives. We've kept nothing from one another. Why start now?"

I sigh and shrug. "Ok, we had sex. There. Now you know."

"I already knew that." She grins smugly. "Just waiting for you to tell me."

"How did you know?"

"Because I heard you and Rico when I got home from that party last night. Oh, Rico, you're breaking me in two."

My eyes swell in humor rather than embarrassment. "You little liar, I never said that."

She stirs my cup and says, "on the serious side, thought, I think he likes you." She dumps the spoon into the sink, grabs my cup from the green bench top, and hands it to me.

"How would you know that? You've never even had a conversation with him."

She points her finger at me. "Wrong. I made him and Trav coffee about two hours ago. Actually, he had a quick conversation with me. Made me wish I was the one who married him."

"Oh, please." I frown. "You wouldn't survive him or his life." I take a sip from my cup, wondering how she would have dealt with Rico's moods, Gia, being kidnapped, jumping from a cliff, and swimming for her life. "Anyway, what did you two talk about?"

She leans against the bench with her mug in her hands. "He asked me what your favorite meal was."

"He did," I say as a warm smile spreads across my face.