𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

No one knew why the perfect girl, Olivia, was crying. Erina never even thought that Olivia knew how to shed a tear. In all the four years that she had been Olivia's classmate, this was the first time she had seen her cry. First of all, no one had the courage to hurt her or make her sad. She was too sweet, too kind, and, of course, she was too beautiful. His father was also the mayor of their town, so everyone was afraid to even make fun of her. So, who could possibly hurt Olivia Candelaria so badly that she couldn't stop crying?

Erina had been watching her for the past 30 minutes. She couldn't decide whether she would approach her or be a standby.

This was their last day on the island, so their fellow group members planned to go camping and stargazing, but Erina didn't like socializing; she hates some of them, so she left and took a walk. That was why she saw Olivia while roaming. She is sitting on the beach on the opposite side of the island. She wondered why she didn't see Olivia with Gabriel earlier. So, this was the answer; she's bawling her eyes out.

Erina finally decided to approach her. She sat beside Olivia and offered her a handkerchief, which she accepted.

"Are you okay?" Erina asked over the crashing waves.

"Yeah," Olivia replied while wiping away her tears.

She doesn't sound like she's okay, but Erina didn't pry more. She has no skill when it comes to comforting, so it is better to just shut up than say the wrong words.

Silence fell between them. The only sounds you could hear were the crashing waves and the cicadas.

Erina doesn't know how long they've been silent. She knows that it's pretty long because her legs began to cramp.

Olivia was the first one to break the silence.

"I watched a movie a while ago. There was a quote there about how there are two kinds of evil people in this world: those who do evil things and those who see evil things being done but don't do anything about it." Olivia glanced at her. "Which one are you, Erina?"

That was the last time Erina talked to Olivia. That was the last time that she saw Olivia alive, because the next morning, she saw her hanging from a tree, and she was dead.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

[DISCLAIMER] This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

[DISCLAIMER 2.0] No part of this e-book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system, without written permission from the author.

[CONTENT WARNING] This book contains or may contain sensitive topics that may be offensive to some readers or may be inappropriate for children. Reader discretion is advised.

The thoughts, actions, and/or beliefs of the characters in this book do not reflect the thoughts, actions, and/or beliefs of the author.

[WARNING] English is only my second language, and I'm not fluent in it. So, please expect countless grammatical errors and typos. I will do my best to make it readable and understandable.