Part 6.

It's been a month of coming to the realisation that my life isn't "utterly brilliant" as I once would say, but a living nightmare.

It's only now that I have become aware of what little freedom our society is given. It feels as if some switch has been flicked in my mind and I've been snapped out of a trance.

My stories talk of friends picnicking in the summertime, watermelon and lemonade in hand. It's already half way through my life yet I still haven't experienced such bliss.

The only thing that has stopped me from wanting to rip my eyeballs out is Harry and Niall.

Yesterday we had been standing in the kitchen, watching as that last drop of water poured into the glass cup set up for Niall. It was always worrying to see you're water running out but at that moment my mind was focused on everything in front of me but that.

I was staring up at the face of a man who has seemed to completely flip my whole life in the space of a month. His green eyes staring right into my blue, grey ones. A sparkle flashing through them. His mouth slowly curves into a smirk and I can feel my cheeks heating up as I struggle to look away from him.

I find myself stepping backwards and unfortunately knocking over the glass of water set out. I let out a not so manly squeak as his hand goes to cup my cheek. I feel his other hand going to sit on my waist, yet I don't make an effort to move. Instead I feel my arms, wrapping going to wrap around his neck.

I can see his eyes flickering towards my lips. Our faces mere inches from each other.

I feel his warm breath on my face. Just as our lips brush against each other, a shrill cry is heard from the bedroom.

I stumble backward, harshly untangling myself from Harry, leaving a saddened expression on his face. I disappear into the room where Niall's been sleeping in. He's been sleeping on a small mattress, perfect for his small body, with a variety of blankets and pillow strewn across it.

I even found an old stuffed bear that had previously been some of the rare decoration for my pod. He had grown very fond of it naming it 'Zayn', who was now his supposed 'best friend'.

"I'm thirsty Lou Lou" he whimpers, and I do notice how his face seems to be turning an unhealthy grey kind of colour.

All I can do is hold him close, rocking him back and forth, whispering sweet nothings into his ears. The whimpers slowly turn into even breaths, small snores escaping his mouth.

I hear a sigh followed by a sweet chuckle. I turn to the door where harry stands smiling softly at me.

"You're really good with him. You would make an amazing parent, ya know", it makes my heart swell to hear this.

All I do is nod and dwell deeply in this moment, I never thought my life would come to this.