Part 7.

Today is 'water day', a month since I met the people that have flipped my world around into something I would have never expected.

My shattered frame drags my feet to the door, carelessly flinging it open. The official at the door implicates the regular drill, helping to move the crates of water into the kitchen and shoving the familiar small slip of paper I'm required to sign into my hand.

I appease but the burning question that's been eating up all the storage in my brain, unfortunately, slips out.

"Why has the world suddenly gone dark?" I ask hesitantly.

The official freezes, and after a moment of silence, in a gruff voice he replies, "Sir, have you been drinking enough water?"

That's when it clicks. The water. That's how the government has been controlling us like pawns in whatever this sick joke is.

No longer than a moment later am I being dragged out into a world I never thought I would experience. My heart plummets and my breaths become short as I stare into the distance, taking around the post-apocalyptic landscape that I could see was once a beautiful world.

I plead with the official to keep Harry and Niall safe, he complies as he knows deep down, no innocent person should have to experience such wickedness.

It was only a mere 24 hours ago when I was sharing my first and only kiss with a man who I dreamed I would be able to live with for the rest of my life.

I stare sadly seeing Harry screaming and crying for me at the door of my pod, as the officials hold him back. Niall sits in his arms tears streaming down his cheeks as he tries to reach out for me.

I'm thrown into the endless tenebrosity that is now my world but feel at peace. I had grown tired of my life long ago, it's only after realising the importance of treating people with kindness that I accept my fate.

As a wave of dust sweeps me away, the figures in the distance turn into dark clouds. My body feels numb and as my eyes close for the last time a series of memories from the last play through my head like a movie.

I've learned to love and that's enough for me. That hole in my heart turned out to be in the shape of Niall and Harry and it's now been filled.

Love makes you complete.

Fin.