chapter five.

Burns

Burns.
~~~~~

Hanna began to wake up. She groaned. Her eyes took a minute to adjust. Her head was pounding, she put her hand on her head and she felt something wet. She looked at her hand seeing red. She was on the ground and when she looked around, she realized she was enclosed in what seemed to her, was a cage. Her heart started racing as she frantically looked around. That's when she realized she wasn't alone.

Sitting outside of the cage was rugged looking man. She screamed.

"Who are you?" She asked fighting back tears.

"None of your business, princess." He smirked. She let go and started crying, she kicked at the bars.

The man shoved a hot poker in her, right above her collarbone. She screamed in pain.

"Ah, ah, ah. You are going to give me what I want." The man said.

Hanna began to cry.

"Please! Let me go!" Hanna cried. The man shoved a hot poker in her chest again. She screamed even louder.

"Where is Mason Lockwood?" The man demanded.

"Who?" She cried.

"Mason Lockwood. I know your little boyfriend Damon Salvatore had something to do with his disappearance." He said.

"I don't know anything about that. I have no idea who you are talking about, please just let me go!" She cried.

The man shoved the poker in her again. Hanna let out another scream of pain.

~~~~~~

Back at the house, Caroline just got back home from school. She walked in the front door.

"Hanna?" Caroline shouted.

Nothing. No response.

Caroline walked throughout the house. She wasn't worried or anything, until she saw the small puddle of blood by the front door that she completely missed coming in the door.

She dug through her bag and grabbed her phone. She immediately called Stefan.

"Hey Caroline, whats wrong?" Stefan asked.

"You have to get here quickly, I think something bad happened to Hanna." Caroline said with a frightened tone.

"Alright I will be over soon." Stefan said.