CHAPTER 4

MATHILDA DOWEREIGN

"Lawrence, I cannot believe you!" i spat "Involving an innocent citizen for a mission! Are you out of your mind?!"

"Relax, she's fine now. There's nothing to worry about! Plus we finally got Muzukabuo"

"This isn't about getting Muzukabuo, It's about you endangering a citizen!"

"Like I said, she's fine now. I wouldn't get her in danger if I knew she wouldn't survive."

"You got her eye stabbed and her cheek cut. You probably traumatized her!"

"Why'd you involve her anyways?" Mika asked.

"That's a great question Mikaela!" Lawrence claimed. "She's a healer, and she wants to join"

"No" i said sternly,

"What? Why not?"

"We have Dr. Yasuno Fizuke. We don't need a healer" I answered

"I know we have Dr. Fizuke, but we're only allowed to see him once a month. We fight crime like every week. We can't just wait for a month for our bruises or broken bones to be healed. We need a healer on our team"

I looked at Danielle, Timeus and Mika.

"He has a point," Mika said, I sighed.

I looked back at Lawrence and rolled my eyes. "Fine"

"Yes!" He quietly celebrated.

"But I need to talk to her first. I don't trust her yet" I said as I made my way to the room where we let the girl stay.

As I was getting closer I heard her talking to.. Someone?

I knocked on her door and waited for her response. "C-come in"

I opened the door, "Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, I was talking to myself. It helps me calm my nerves"

"No, I heard you were asking questions and you would pause. As if someone was answering you"

"E-exactly. I would ask myself questions out loud and I would mentally respond to myself. I can stop if you find it weird"

"No, if it calms you down, then do as you please" I responded as I crossed my arms. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better. Thanks for saving my ass back there.. And for letting me join the team" Her voice quietened at the end.

"Yeah.." I paused, "Hey– Before anything i just wanna say, and no hard feelings, i don't trust you yet"

"O-oh! It's okay!" She blurted out "I get it. I'm new and you don't know me that well, it's really normal. Don't worry"

"Alright" I nodded

"I'm Mathilda. Mathilda Dowereign. The team's leader" i introduced myself

"Ellena Frieah" She said, "Nothing Is interesting about me"

I chuckled, "Not for long" I patted her back before standing up, "Come on, let me formally introduce you to the team"

I saw her eyes sparkled before standing up and following me as I led her to the meeting room.