CHAPTER 2

LAWRENCE ABAROUGH

I silently groaned and put a hand on my head as I sat up. I opened my eyes to face an unfamiliar room that I was in. I looked around to see a woman with her back facing me, she was in what I assume was the kitchen.

"Excuse me, where am I?"

The woman turned to look at me. She has a glass of water in her hand

"Oh, you're awake. You're in my apartment" She said as she walked close to me and sat down at the end of where I was laying.

"How did I end up here?"

"You crashed on the fence of my apartment building while i was taking out the trash" She put the glass of water on the table.

"You passed away from your bruises. Some of them where a little deep"

I checked my body for bruises. "Oh, don't worry. I already healed them" The woman informed me.

"Healed them? Do you have healing abilities?" I asked. She nodded.

"Do you have abilities?" She asked

"Yes, but it"s none of your business" I answered as I stood up and took a mind erasing device that Kianna made from my belt.

"What's that?"

"It's a mind erasing device. One zap and your memories of tonight will be gone"

"WHAT" she suddenly closed her eyes and covered her face. "DON'T DO THAT!"

"I have to. It's protocol" i said

"W-WELL, IT'S NOT LIKE I'M GONNA TELL ANYONE ANYWAYS"

"Still"

"H-HOW ABOUT I JOIN YOU?"

I froze. It's not like I hear that everyday.

"My life is really boring and I really, really want some thrill happening to my life"

I put the device down and crouched in front of her. I took both of her wrist

"Hey. Look at me" I commanded. She opened her eyes.

"You have guts I have to tell you that. You not letting me erase your memories is very dangerous, you don't know what you're involving yourself into" I warned her

"I mean I have healing abilities. I can just heal myself if I ever get hurt" she said. Heh, Idiot.

I sigh as I stand up and put the mind erasing device back on my belt. "I'll think about"

"R-really?" her eyes sparkled. "I'll be a great help, so yeah!"

"Here" i passed her a small button designed like a ring "Press the button if you're ever in trouble"

"Cool" She muttered. "Wait where are you going?"

I stepped out to the balcony and stood on the railing. "Back to my place. How will It take for me to make it on Silavic?"

"Well, if you go by car It'll take you an hour and a half, not including the traffic" She answered

"Alright. See you later, thrill lady" I bid her farewell as i jump on the balcony and flew my way back to Silavic.