Chapter 28

Winning The Man Hater's Heart

Kyle Adrante

After serenading her at the university's garden I asked her--- more like told her that I am going to court her. I didn't ask for her permission tho, masyado kaya siyang pakipot, pag hinintay ko sagot niya edi basted na naman ako.

As if I'm going to stop anyway.

I hailed a taxi the next morning and told the driver to drop me off at Justine's address, gusto ko siyang kasabay na pumasok, I didn't bring my car because I intend for us to commute, sabi ni Zii romantic daw yun. But Justine prefers to ride her motorcycle so I let her, but I insisted to go with her.

I don't know how it happened but moments after that we were being chased, the goons even has a gun. Alam kong dapat patay na ako sa mga panahong pinuputok nila ang baril pero hindi ko alam kong bakit sa bawat putok ay walang tumatama samin.

Only there I realized that they are not just a group of gangsters, maybe they have something they want from either me or Justine.

And I found out, they are after my girl.

Courting her is not easy as it seems, I had to face jealousy every damn time! Vein, the first thing that comes to my mind when they ask me what triggers my jealousy, and my answer surely gave my friends a good laugh.

28th of November. The date that I had been waiting for, I was the happiest.

Asking her to be my girlfriend was not surely planned because I had to do a bit of drama in front of her before making her reveal her true feelings. Everything was worth it.

November 28, we we're officially together.

We were happy

We were carefree

Every day with her was the most memorable days in my life. I was me. I was true. I was madly enjoying a rollercoaster of happiness with the one that I want to spend my everyday with.

But just as I was in the middle of the rollercoaster of joy, someone has to interrupt.

AVERY AUSTREA, was arranged to marry me. I don't know how and why but I just know that it was because of my father. He was mad when I rejected his offer, when I didn't follow his plans for my supposed to be 'fixed success'.

I fisted my palm upon reading his message. Today was Justine's birthday and I was supposed to be at the venue at this moment, but my father was persistent to talk to me at the very moment.

He forced me to meet the Austrea's heiresses. She sure was pretty, Avery is lovely and no doubt that every man who'll past by her will look. But I was an exception, she may have a pretty innocent, angelic face, but I prefer women who has a strong aura that will intimidate the heck out of me, and I already have that woman. So I won't give a shit about this arrangement.

I had a slight fight with my dad, so I chose to leave his house, Avery kept calling me but I intend not to pick up. She knew that I'm already taken but she's still pushing herself to me.

I was a little bit out of my mind when I reached the venue, but even so, I was able to compose myself. Justine was mad at first but her love for me is stronger that I made her anger flew away.

Marupok siya eh.

I surprised her, and she was happy, and seeing her happy make me happy. My heart is swelling in love because of the woman that I am staring at, right now. And that is not other than Justine Buenavista. Nothing else.

I hate how the way she thinks that she's not special and is not worth of me, she doesn't not see herself the way I do, she may be the toughest girl you can ever know but you wouldn't expect that a tough girl like her thinks so low of herself.