Chapter 39

Winning The Man Hater's Heart

Everything had been chaotic for the past hours. The engagement is cancelled and now Vein and Avery are nowhere to be seen! It was only last night when Kyle announced that he won't be marrying Avery and since then, both families were berserk when they knew about Avery's escape with a man that they don't know about.

Luis Keillirio Adrante had taken it bad that it caused him his second heart attack. That's why now, currently 2 am we are leaving the ship as we just went back to Batangas Port.

Good thing hindi talaga kami lumayo! Everyone was in panic, especially my father who's now continuously answering phone calls every now and then, trying hard to find Avery while answering some reporters' questions about the event.

I was with tita Serine the whole time, she was calm but I know deep inside her that she is aching. Meron din akong pakiramdam na alam niya ang nangyari dahil kumpara sa asawa niya, tahimik lang siya.

Akiro, Izron, Gab, and the rest are also trying to call Vein, even though they already figured what happened. I think they're just trying to reach him also just in case for their peace of mind.

We are currently at the hospital where Luis Adrante is rushed too, now it is tita Serine who's comforting tita Grace. Tahimik lang akong pumuslit paalis para pumunta sa hospital rooftop.

It is windy up here and the only thing that's keeping me warm is the cup of coffee that I was holding. It's nearing sunrise as it was already 5:15 in the morning.

My father was so disappointed, and ashamed that he immediately booked a ticket for Thailand the next day. Alam na kasi niya ang ugali ng pangalawang anak niya, Some intel has reported that Avery and the guy he's with boarded a private jet and surely left the country.

Not to add that Avery actually left him a message saying that she's done following him and now choosing to live her life the way she likes with the person she loves.

I'm so happy for that bitch.

Cold city breeze, the upcoming dawn, and the thought that my sister is finally choosing to be happy made my heart whole despite the recent events that I faced. It may be a terrible news for some people but it is yet the best news I had.

I looked at my phone when it beeped, saying that I received a message.

From: Daddy

- Start packing your bags hun, we'll leave at 12 noon.

I sighed, as I was sent back to reality. I guess they already made up their minds to just leave the country, what was still the reason to stay here anyway eh ang tanging rason lang naman atang pumunta kami rito ay dahil sa pag-aakalang dito makakasal si Avery.

I tried calling her once more, but just like everyone else who tried to reach her, her phone was turned off. She really made up her mind to shut everybody else huh.

It was already sunrise when I finally got myself together after hours of thinking. I was about to leave but I paused from my steps when that one guy who'd always make my heart thump like it's on a f*cking race was standing near the door while languidly watching me.

For a minute, we were there, eyes locked that contained hundreds of words that we both couldn't say. I was the one who smiled first while he remained the same.

He looked tired, exhausted, and weak, I had the urge to run to him and hug him, calm him down and comfort him.

His gaze turned to my phone when he saw it ring for the ninth time already. It's my father calling so I answered it, not minding him who's now darkly staring at me.