Chapter 1: A New Starting.

A normal heist had been scheduled by Kid. And yet… there’s something troubling him. His throat started to itch 10 minutes before the heist started. What is happening? He observed the crowd in front of the museum. It wasn’t that hard to spot someone in particular.
Oh hoh! It’s Tantei-kun!~ Kid thought. He spotted his favourite critic standing next to his ‘nee-chan’ and ‘oji-san’.

“Looks like my effort will be paid off tonight!” Kid exclaimed.

It’s been a while since Conan had actually visited his heists. Maybe he’s been busy trying to deal with the Shounen Tantei-dan. Well, Kid really can’t blame the child. Maybe next time he should visit the Mouri Detective Agency more often or sit at Poirot Café to observe what he’d been doing in his life. Kid is not a stalker, but he just wants to know.

“It’s Showtime!”

A smoke bomb exploded to reveal an elegant thief standing on top of the glass cage, shooting a signiture smirk. He heard inspector Nakamori and the officers screaming in the distance. He simply took the gem and gave it a nice place inside his pocket.

“Kid! Stop right there!” But yet, it was too late. The magician already fled.

Kid rushed to the rooftop, it was empty. Only the silent night with the calming sounds that were made from his billowing cape. It was peaceful. Footsteps were echoing. It wasn’t his. It doesn’t belong to anybody in the task force. It was probably… the detective’s.

“Knew you’d come.” The thief spoke up first. He held the gem towards the full moon. It was a graceful sight for whoever was looking at him from behind.

It was a childish chuckle that was responding. “Yeah. If I’m correct, that isn’t the one either?” There was a bit of a pause, “What are you looking for anyway? You keep stealing gems just to return them. Then what are you looking for?”

Kid hesitated for a second. Still, he answered “Something’s stopping me from telling you… From everyone.”

“And that is?” The detective continued.

“Sorry, but immortality forbids me from saying it.”

“Immortality?” Conan placed a hand on his chin to think about what the thief just said.

A small hum escaped the thief’s lips. “You know it would be great if you don’t interfere with my business.” He looked down to the city below. “It only causes trouble for you.”

Really? Trouble? Conan has gone through that a lot. But it seems like the things the magician said were different. It doesn’t have the same meanings like the other problems he’d had.

A cough interrupted the silence. Kid was starting to cough non-stop. His own hands slammed over his mouth. Conan could tell the thief was biting his hands through his own gloves.

“Oi! Are you okay there!?” The small detective rushed over to the other’s side, patting the thief’s back to try and soothe the pain through his chest.

The coughing didn’t stop. Conan turned back when he heard the task force yelling, already making their way here. Kid panicked, but still managed to make his escape.

It was Gardenias.

Gardenia-Secret Love

Gardenias falling from his mouth while gliding. Though, his coughing did not stop. Yet it was starting to be hard to breathe. It’s like something’s strangling him. But what is it? Why is he even like this?
-
The next day, Kaito was curious about what happened to him during the last heist. He knew his witch friend, Akako, would know about this. At lunch break, he stormed his way towards her table and slammed his hand on it.