Chapter 3: Realising What It Meant.

A year had passed since the day they both agreed on working together. This was it. It was going well until they got themselves into an argument.

"You're not supposed to go that way! I didn't tell you to do so. You could've gotten caught." The sleuth yelled at the thief.

The magician didn't care. He snapped back. "Oh yeah!? If you're so confident about that then go do these things for yourself!" Crossing his arms, he looked away. The expression on his face could show how guilty he felt, but at the same time, he cannot say he wasn't mad.

"I'm a child, Kid." Conan raised his voice a little at the other's alter ego name. He's not dealing with this!

"If you're so capable of what you're thinking then you should be the one doing the action!" Kid protested. His throat is hurting so much. He doesn't want to argue.

"Fine! Do anything you like today then. I don't care." The detective slammed the door on his way out of the bedroom. Tears were forming on the magician's eyes. No, he mustn't cry and will not let his poker face shatter. The most important things to magicians are their poker faces.

-

Next morning, Conan found the clothes that he lent Kid the other day already washed and folded neatly on the bed. Well the thief was generous enough. Wait a minute... Conan checked the clock. It was only 6 in the morning. How come does Kid have enough time to wash, dry, and fold it? He... Did he stay up the whole night? The sleuth questioned himself.

He exited the bedroom, making his way towards the living room to find the scientist already sitting there. Likewise, she's still sipping her tea. "Did you make him upset?" Was the first thing he heard.

"Who?"

"Kid. Kudou-kun, what did you say to him last night?" She repeated her question once again, lowering her teacup.

Conan sighed, he walked over to her spot and sat down to face her. "Well... I was pretty much afraid that he'd die so I just told him that he shouldn't have triggered the trap that could end up drowning him and getting himself caught. That stupid thief didn't listen and tried to argue with me!"

Ai raised an eyebrow. Seriously? "I see. Stubborn detectives and stupid thiefs can sometimes be a trouble to each other. I'll take note of that." Her voice sounded like she was mocking him. "He left early at night instead of staying like usual."

"Didn't it rain last night?" Conan looked up, face now full of surprised expression.

Ai sighed and repeated, "It rained last night. If he ends up catching a cold then you'll be the one who has to cancel his next heist."

Dang it. First, he made the thief mad and as a result of the magician leaving in the rain and might be catching a cold anytime now. Secondly, he has no idea how cancelling heist works.

Well then, I guess I have to find a way to apologise to him. The sleuth thought to himself. Later, he already found himself standing at the professor's front gate. Yeah, he'll have to talk to Kid after the heist.

-

Kid stole the target very easily this time. Though not a word was spoken from him during the entire heist. The task force was confused at first, Kid was never that silent. There usually is at least a sentence, or maybe a word. The atmosphere this time was just like that. No words were escaping from the thief's lips.

"Should I even be aware of the fact that you're mad at me?" The voice spoke up. Then it continued. "How stubborn are you!? I just wanted the best for you when you started to be mad. Stay there. I'm coming up, then we'll talk."