Chapter 4: Love Is Appreciated.

The small detective had tried to find ways to contact the thief. Although he knows that when he asks him how to confess something, he’d end up confessing that Kudou Shinichi was Edogawa Conan. Well, he did promise Haibara that he’ll tell the magician everything since he well- helped him. The thing is…

How am I supposed to contact him?

“Haibara probably knows!”

He slammed the door open to her lab, causing the scientist to jump in horror and dropped her notebooks. She bent her body down to retrieve them from the floor. “What the actual- Kudou-kun!? What are you doing!? Are you crazy? Or are you too hyped up to get your body back?” Conan frowned at Ai’s answer.

The detective walked towards her, hands in his pockets. “No. You remember the promise?”

“Yes. And you’ll have to do it. Now what’s the point of kicking my door open?” Ai placed her notes down, seeming to notice something.

“If you want me to do it, at least give me something to reach out to him.” The scientists sighed as she tapped on her ears. “What do you mean? Answer me!” She ignored him and continued doing her action. Conan’s eyes widened once he realised something. “So that’s what you meant! Though, I don’t know if he still uses it.”

“You have to count yourself on hope.”

Later on, they were both sitting on the rooftop. Magician and detective. Kid giggled beside him. “So you really believed in hope.”

The small detective’s eyebrows furrowed, mouth murmuring something that the thief couldn’t hear. “I had to try. Anyways I just want to ask you something. It’s very important.”

How important could it be if Conan wanted to ask him? “Right, go on. Be quick because I have business to do.” Those flowers are scratching his throat a little. He only has little time left before they rush out.

How do you tell somebody a secret that you’ve held for long without making them feel disgusted by you?

Kid froze in place, it’s the type of situation that he’s currently in. He’s in love with the small detective but can’t and is not able to say it out loud. The magician does not want to become a paedophile. “Honestly, I know what you mean.” His voice lowered, the confidence all gone.

“Of course you do. I bet you’ve been in this type of problem for many times and I want to know how to resolve this because I myself have gotten into one.” Conan took out his phone and looked at something through it.

Kid smiled fondly before responding. “I’m also in one and I bet I couldn’t even know how to say it.” The thief paused, his smile now broken. “I’m afraid that they’ll never forgive me or think that I’m not taking things seriously.” And that ‘they’ might be you was left unspoken.

“Couldn’t blame you, could I?” The detective chuckled. Sometimes Kid wonders, what does Conan feel about him?

“Though, I did it many times. Just blurt out the truth and they’ll decide if they should forgive you or not. It can be simple at first but the more truths that come to light, the more catastrophe it can be.” The thief sighed in disappointment.

“True. I’m a little curious how you avoid troubles like that.” Conan looked at him, hands in his pocket. It took a while because the thief kept staring at him with shocked looks in his eyes.

“I… uhm…” Kid stammered, not responding. His right hand is constantly scratching the back of his head. “Sorry, I can’t tell you. It’s practically illegal to tell you. Well- Only illegal to me.” The magician admitted.