Chapter 2: Companions And Loving.

It's night time, Conan is standing by the crowds and meanwhile, Kid is getting ready for his heist. They're wearing earbuds to communicate because they definitely cannot use the texting method. Kid cannot carry his phone. It was going smoothly. Dodging the traps, unlocking the vault, fleed as soon as the gem was held in the magician's hand.

He proceeded to run to the rooftop, where he always does his gem-checking. He raised his hand into the air. The atmosphere was cold. The gem didn't glow red as it was supposed to. Seems like every other ordinary jewel. Kid sighed in disappointment.

"Any luck?" The voice said, echoing in his ears for a few seconds.

Kid chuckled, "Nope, it's still a normal gem. Nothing special." Yeah, he would be happy if he found it already.

"The old man Jirokichi is hosting another jewel exhibition soon. Do you want to try and check it out?" The detective asked. Maybe it wasn't so bad if a thief had to be an assistant for the other. Not really because he's the one doing the jobs while the small seven-year-old kid is just coordinating the movements that he should take.

A small hum escaped the magician's lips, "That old man never gives up does he? Though I don't know who I should disguise next to go to the exhibition and figure out the traps."

"You can go with me." Conan suggested and Kid choked. What the hell is the detective suggesting!?

Kid sputtered, "Y-You are seriously that cool with it?"

"If you're going alone then why don't you use your real identity?" Him? Why would he? If Kaito did, Conan could easily find a Shinichi look-alike and call it his civilian persona. Then, attempt to do whatever, who knows?

"Yeah right, I'd rather go with you in a disguise better than using my commoner persona. It sucks." He disconnected the earbuds, placed them in his pocket. At that moment, he felt his throat aching.

Oh no no no!

He once again threw up. Right on the rooftop. Flower petals kept on falling, some landed in his hands that were being used to patch his mouth. Some overflowed, falling onto the hard concrete floor. This time, there were two types of flower mixed with each other. Aloes and Columbines.

Aloe-Affection, also Grief.

Columbine-Foolishness, folly.

Stupid disease getting in his way. That didn't matter right now. In fact, he was quite pleased because he can now get to know who he truly loves. The one and only . Kaito soon left, obviously he had to clean up the mess that he made. It wasn't that bad.

-

Next morning, Kaito and Conan decided to go to the exhibition. The magician decided to dress up as a lady. And heck, why did he choose to wear a corset? It's tightening and makes it uncomfortable a lot.

"What's the name that you'll go by for today?" The small detective interrupted the silence between them two.

Kid looked down, indigos stared for a moment. "That's an interesting question." Kid stopped to think. He bent his body down to look closer at Conan. "Let's go by Saito Kazumi!" He exclaimed with a cheerful voice and went back to his old position, continuing to walk down the hallways. Conan couldn't help it, he felt a smile appear on his face.

His back is hurting so bad. Conan noticed how the disguised thief was acting. "You sure chose the worst option. Corsets aren't the best for your type of torso."

The magician pouted, again. This was the third time he pouted since they had entered the museum. "I kind of forgot to turn on the washing machine last time so the things that help make me look more feminine are corsets. If I had to choose between those or undergarments I'd definitely wear the other one. My mother made me think that I'd fit in a corset but it only turns out it was such a pathetic idea!"