Birthday

Here's the next one - shot. Shower your love on it!! 

Finally clock needles get together and hit on 12 o'clock as a smile spreads across Avneet's lips before lowering her gaze back at her phone's screen. Her friends started to fill her message box with birthday wishes and blessings, spamming her with their love.

In this whole flood of messages her eyes were searching for one person, her boyfriend Siddharth. But to my luck none of the messages were present there but still she waited for his sweet reply.

Avneet waited and waited until her eyes gave up to stay awake with her as she fell asleep on her bed while waiting for his text.

-Next Day-

She waited for his text till now it's already 10:30 am and she still doesn't received any response from his side. All her other friends wished her for her birthday but the only text she received from him was, "we need to cancel today's date, we can go next time sorry cupcake."

Now this message is making her more sulk because of this. Negative thoughts were taking over her like the dark clouds blanket the bright sky in their darkness. 'Did he really forget it? My birthday?' She thought about getting upset.

Avneet was standing in front of his house thinking whether to go in or not, it's not like she came here the first time, she mostly lived here with him but for a few days because of their job she shift at her friend's house because her house is near Avneet's workplace.

As she was lost in her thoughts, suddenly the house flew open and found Siddharth coming out from the house. Her eyes fell on him, so did his. "Good morning." She smiled when she found his gaze fall on her. "What are you doing here?"

'Did he really forget what's today?' She thought when he said that but still try to maintain her smile even though it was fading away. "Yes I just came to see you." "Oh morning, gotta go for work will talk to you later, cupcake." Saying that he pecks her cheeks before getting into his car to go to the office.

"He did forget that today's my birthday ,my day but he's not here without any acknowledgement, without any wish, without him." She rubbed her arms as the wind passed by. "It felt so cold and lonely." She muttered not knowing what felt more cold, the wind or loneliness of her favourite person.

Avneet tried to convince herself that it's just a simple thing, it's not hurting, not a big matter to sulk about. It's just her birthday, her day, nothing much. But she know it was hurting so much cause after all it's her day, one special day.

-At Home-

"What the freaking fish? How can he forget this? It's your day, your day my girl." Avneet's friend, Anushka said to whom house she is staying. Since she was only there when Avneet wanted to talk this out with someone about this but her reaction was so loud about this matter.

"Hey calm down it's fine I guess." Avneet said to her but she just scoffed and placed her hand on her butt. "No this is not a simple matter now Avneet. It's your day he should be here with you celebrating and creating good memories." She sighs before crossing her arms as Avneet look away and scratch her head being not sure, she also want Siddharth by her side but don't know how?

"Wait, I have an idea" Anushka said and quickly took out her phone before calling Siddharth as Avneet's eyes grew wide, not understanding what she's doing.

"What are you doing-" "Shh just go with the flow and do what I say if you want him" She replied now it was making her more confused.

-At Office-

-Siddharth's pov-

I blinked twice trying to keep myself awake and energetic but still my eyes are trying to find just one chance to doze off since I didn't get good sleep these few days because of my new upcoming product project I need to complete.