Chapter 3 - The Student Council President

"Oi, you! The guy with the glasses who assault students, I wanna talk to you." 

It hadn't taken me a lot of effort, but I caught up to the person who attacked Horikita and Ayanokouji. 

The boy turned around to face me with a sharp gleam in his eyes, "that's no way to be talking to your upperclassmen," he replied in a firm tone. 

"Well, I don't think you deserve my respect at the moment from what I just saw."

The man before me showed no signs of hesitation, regret, or guilt on his face. He stood there before me, calm and composed, not even concerned about the thought someone witnessed that prior event. 

"Before I continue with my interrogation, who are you?" I said with a firm tone. 

"My name is Horikita Manabu, I'm the Student Council President."

Shoot.

I really just called the student council president "the guy who assaults students." I may never recover from this if word spreads about that.

"Horikita? By any chance, are you related to that girl you were humiliating back in the alleyway?"

"Indeed. That girl is my little sister." He replied with his calm and firm tone. 

Those two shared the same cold and calculating aura, with a sharp gaze in their eyes, ready to pounce at any weakness you displayed. 

"Wow, I don't even want to know what family dynamic you have to end up like that."

"If we are continuing with introductions, I'd like to know your name."

"Akio Fukumoto. I'm in the same class as your sister, but I did just tra..."

"You're the new transfer student."

I paused for a second. Everyone who I had met up to this point didn't know I was a transfer student. They may have just assumed I was a loner with no real mark to leave on this school. But this guy knew it before I even finished my sentence. Just how well-informed is he?

"Well, seems like you know your stuff. I did just transfer here. Your little sister even gave me a tour of the school, which was not enjoyable." I replied with a half smile on my face. 

"You're an interesting student Fukumoto."

Huh? How could he discern I'm interesting after the smallest of encounters. 

 "I believe your interests are misplaced. I'm just like any regular high school student, nothing super interesting about me."

"That's where you're wrong. Contrary to your belief, you are interesting. Even among the faculty, you are talked about quite a lot." Horikita replied without the slightest hint of lying. 

"You don't say. Nice to know I'm popular."

"You are considered an enigma within this school Fukumoto. Not just because you're the first ever transfer student, but because you're considered a 'ghost student.'"

A ghost student? What does that even mean? It's not like I scare anyone with my looks... I think.

I continued to stare at the President, not taking any chance to interrupt his explanation.

"You're referred to as a 'ghost student' because of your record." The President continued to explain to not leave anything out. "When this school was admitting you, they went to look for your middle school and elementary school records but found nothing. Do you know whys that?"