019: Savior

LISA

Distractions follow me the next day at work, instant conflicts about my present, and the case that pain was the end of this rope. Could it be ultimate happiness? Is that the case?

But the door of my office opens, with a worried Jisoo who kept pacing back and forth.

"Morning". I greeted.

"Morning Lis".

I put all my work aside, and asked, "What's troubling you?".

"I found a note earlier, it was strange".

I cocked a brow as she showed me it.

"It's Aaron, saying that he will leave". She addressed what was written to me. I clicked my tongue on the back of my teeth as she elaborated.

"Meanwhile, I've been informed by the security that some bizarre truck was speculated of following one of the important designers in the company, and then I got a weird call, from someone telling me that time is ticking and to inform you of your downfall".

I immediately understood that this wasn't a usual message and that my brother was in danger.

"Aaron..". I whispered.

"What are you going to do?". Jisoo questioned my worries.

"I'm going to deal with this". I affirmed.

"No, Lisa". Jisoo interfered, "I need to tell the others about this".

Defeated, I nodded.

-

We arrived, at the house where Chanyeol resides in. With no sort of greeting, I walked in, with Jisoo and our trusted men. Jisoo's clan was not to mess with, and having a best friend like her made me feel so grateful.

"Chanyeol".

He turned around with a cup of wine in hand, a huge smile on his face, "Lisa? Just as expected, you showed up".

"Cut the bullshit, and tell me where my brother is". I was about to jump him but Jisoo pulled me back, "Relax Lisa, you need to calmly speak to brainless humans".

The smirk on her face made his smile fall.

"If you want him alive, you better watch your attitude, 'cause you don't know who you're messing with".

Jisoo crossed her arms, taunting him, "Oh? We're aware, that a rat like you dares to speak ill of someone who can end them". She took one step closer to him, to meet him eye to eye, "You're playing with fire, Chanyeol, now tell us, where is Aaron?".

She spat at his face.

He took one step back and looked over at me, "Why didn't you follow the vow then, Lisa? I told you to fucking leave the orphanage alone".

"Because I'm not wicked like you and your wannabes". I answered him, "What kind of sick human rips innocence off harmless people who wanted nothing to do with this? Off kids, Chanyeol?".

He laughed, "I thought money is money".

"Money won't save you from evil, neither from your sins". My words came unheard because he mocked back, "Hearing this from someone who uses her power over everyone is ironic. What happened to money being your motto and girls being your game of desires?".

I clenched my jaw, "Your observations of me, can never ascertain the misconceptions you have of me, Chanyeol". I was the one inserting my dominance in the conversation instead, "Money is money, but not over innocent lives, do you understand?".