020: Stay

AUTHOR'S POV

There she goes.

Lisa Manoban made her way toward the same man who committed such crimes and dared to kidnap her brother once.

But, she wasn't alone.

This time, she had her friends with her—each person and each name having the privilege for themselves. Jisoo, Kai, Taehyung, and Bambam. All of them are alert about their surroundings yet prideful in where they stand.

"You're being kind by introducing me to such names". Chanyeol's sarcasm didn't stop, "But have to admit, you're one smart fucker".

"You were the one stupid enough to mess with me, Yeol". Lisa coldly spoke to him, "Creating such flares will only bring you to your downfall, not mine".

"Oh, please". Chanyeol laughed, "Acting like you're the sane one here—a hero in the making and not a petrified lovesick of a monster". He dared the fire in her eyes, "Acting so not miserable when you're the one seeking warmth in this cold world, doesn't make you sound any different".

"Criminals don't get to speak in such matters". Taehyung butted in, "Your facade isn't strong, so knock it off".

"How does one doing what's best for them be considered a crime?". Chanyeol mocked, "I'm just teaching humanity what it's missing out on".

"By ruining children and raising them for prostitution? You're fucking messed up". Bambam shook his head in disbelief.

Jisoo evilly smiled at him, "Jail doesn't even sound like a punishment, you deserve hell".

"You all sure make the best of friends at firing and teaching people what's right, for sure". Chanyeol took a seat and didn't bother to pay any sense of respect for them, but Lisa walked closer to him and warned him.

"For the last time, leave the orphanage alone".

"Or what?". He smirked at her, "You're going to be the one taking over the business instead of me? How frank".

Chanyeol tests her as she grabs his collar and tells him, "I'm not some twisted fuck like you, Chanyeol".

"Might as well go back to where you were yesterday, Lisa. One of my men is already on his way to your lover's apartment". The man's words triggered her so much, with shaky hands she gripped him hard, "Fuck you!".

Worry.

Panic.

Whatever it was, it was there, greeting and making her feel helpless. He can't be right, can he? The image of some random stranger hurting Jennie made her feel sick.

Worry covered her eyes.

She can't panic.

"Can't let go of miss Chanel?".

He knew exactly what was going through her head. Almost defeated, Lisa asked him, "What do you want?".

She can't risk Jennie too.

Not her.

"The matter is simple, let this whole thing go, in exchange for her life".

An answer from her meant an ending for something. And despite being cold and resilient, Lisa wasn't the strongest soldier in a game that involves love. She was weak and a slave to her emotions.

Although love was never her way to go, she knew at the end of the tunnel, she had to make a decision.

Her four best friends looked at each other—knowing they can't decide for her.