1: The Collector

"Have you heard, that wicked man is finally sentenced to death by His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor!" A poor farmer said excitedly.

"Oh praise the heavens! That disgusting sinner is finally going back to Hell where he belongs!"

"It is said that that bastard dare to harm His Majesty's little lover. How dare he be so impudent?" Another farmer gossiped.

"Oh, don't be a dimmit, you fools! That poor man is no villain! That man was His Majesty's long time fiance. How would you feel if your supposed fiancee was having an affair with another man right in front of your face, a commoner no less? The villain, Sethurean, is the son of the Duke! He has every right to put that commoner in his place!"

"Oh be quiet, would ya, Johnny! Who wants to hear that?" The farmers muttered angrily, still believing that that wicked man was a villain.

Johnny quietly shook his head in dismay. He too was a poor farmer and commoner and could understand why the majority of the citizens of the Zen Empire supported that little lover because he was a commoner as well. But it seemed to him that he was the only logical person in the entire empire!

He pitied the son of the duke who was to be sentenced to death by beheading by none other than the man he loved so dearly, Emperor Archen.

He sighed. He promised himself that once his grace, Sethurean, died, he would dig his grave for him and give him flowers.

As per the Emperor protocol for sinners, they would be beheaded and then their body would be left in the square to rot until there was nothing left but bones. Then the bones would be fetched and the Devil's curse would be marked on the bones and then tossed into the Ocean.

As it happens, Johnny was next on the collector's list. The collector's list was a list of mentally strong men between the ages of 18 and 36 who upon every midnight, name would be changed. Last night, Johnny was named as the collector for the day.

Since the execution would take place at 3 in the afternoon, this meant that Johnny would be Seth's collector.