2: Death is too easy for a Sinner!

"Kill the trash!"

"Kill the jealous bastard!"

"Death for the sinner!" The crowd shouted when they saw Seth brought out to the square in chains.

His long black hair covered his golden eyes as he bowed down.

"Humph! I can't believe the villain is scared!"

"It's just death. Too easy for the sinner!"

The imperial guard, Lucas, kicked the back of Seth's knees, causing him to fall into a kneeling position.

Seth slowly looked up, looking around the crowd.

Everyone's face looked at him in disdain and anger, until he finally landed on a face that was filled with pity which was different from the rest.

Seeing this, his heart trembled as he remembered the past.

Ever since he was younger, many of the nobles despised him, calling him a monster due to his pitch black hair, a rarity in the Zen Empire. He was the illegitimate son of the Great Northern Duke and grew up cold, hungry and mistreated in the wintery North.

He lived in a small shed until he turned 13 years old. That is when he saw his stoic father for the first time in his entire life. Duke Estern, a cold blooded man whose heart only softened for his dear wife and his legitimate son, Ester.

Duke Estern came to his shed that day. Looking at his small, bloodied faced son, he sneered in disdain.

"Come with me if you want to live, boy." Duke Estern's cold voice penetrated the young Sethueran's heart like a knife, before the Duke turned around to leave the abandoned shed, his dark black boots leaving footprints in the snow.

Seth blindly ran after the Duke, and for the first time in his life, he felt the feeling of hope. Hope that he can gain the love of his so-called father.

Oh, how wrong he had been.

His father just wanted him as the replacement fiance for his real son Ester. Ester was only 2 months younger than Seth and he should have been the one engaged to the Crown Prince Archen.

But Ester was afraid of Archen's ugly appearance that was damaged during his stay at the battlefield. Since he was spoiled rotten since young, the Duke had Seth replace him in the marriage agreement between his grandmother and the Empress Dowager.

Back then, they promised that their children would marry each other but their children loved someone else.

Then they agreed that their grandchild would fulfil the imperial decree no matter their gender as they really wanted to see a marriage happen as they were growing older.

He never met the Crown Prince or any other nobles until his coming of age ceremony at the age of 16 years old.

There, the ugly Crown Prince of the rumors was not ugly at all. It seemed like his face being disfigured was just a rumor.

Archen, the Crown Prince started to make fun of his dark hair and that led to the other nobles to do the same. He was humiliated at the party and the Duke punished him for tarnishing the name of the Duke.

As such, many believed Seth to be a love sick fool when he has no feelings at all towards the Crown Prince. When Prince Archen was crowned Emperor, he found a little lover boy from the red light district named Ren.

Seth did not care, he just wanted to get married as soon as possible to escape his abusive family. But Ren pretended that Seth bullied him and Ren became the apple of Archen's eyes.

After Ren told Archen that Seth tried to poison him, he was sentenced to death and everyone was overjoyed.