chapter three

.not edited

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

a soft beeping noise had been heard through out the room, a soft pattering outside, the rain really setting the mood. 

Someone sat near the bed, one laying on the pull out couch that was barely comfortable enough to fall asleep on. 

The soft breathing of the girl could barely be heard over the loud beeping, worrying the two. Was it over for her? 

Seokhoon kept his hand close to hers, squeezing her hand for reassurance ever so often. Jaemin had fallen asleep, barely, his phone on his chest incase Jaehwa woke up.

Seokhoon looked to the clock sitting above her head, 4:32, it hasn't even been a day since Logan as pronounced dead, Seokhoon praying that Jaehwa doesn't meet the same fate. 

He continues to stare at her, the beeping getting to his head. He had heard it many times before, hoping that this would be the last for a very long time. 

there was a soft rustling coming from the couch, Seokhoon not even turning to look at the boy, "still nothing?" he shakes his head, finally turning to Jaemin. 

"She's still being helped by the oxygen tank." Jaemin nods, standing from the couch. 

"Did you want anything to eat? I can go get breakfast, it's a tad bit early, but still." Seokhoon shakes his head, turning back to Jaehwa. 

"i'm not hungry, you should get something for yourself tho." Jaemin sighs, walking up behind Seokhoon.

"I'm gonna tattle on you." Seokhoon tilts his head in confusion, sitting up from his position. "What're you talking about?" 

Jaemin sighs, pushing the boys cheeks together, "Jaewha wouldn't want to see you like this. It's been 32 hours since you last ate, and on top of that you haven't slept properly since Friday. And it's Monday. Come on." 

Seokhoon sighs, standing up from the uncomfortable hospital chair. "I need to get to school anyways, so I'll eat whatever you bring me." The two stood face to face, neither of them towering over each other. 

Jaemin nods, patting the younger boy on the shoulder, "I'll be back." Seokhoon trudges towards the pull out couch, plopping on to it. 

Jaemin walks out of the hospital room, closing the door behind him softly. He sighs, trying to shake out all the thoughts in his head. Jaehwa will be fine. She's been through it all. He walks towards the exit, the thoughts never leaving. 

The school was lively, everyone studying and practicing for mid terms. Every now and then someone would laugh at a voice crack, or a student would go through a mental break down. 

"Seokkyung, you must be stress-free since you already go the principal's recommendation. Are you only taking the test for SNU? You aren't applying anywhere else?" Seokkyung looks up to the girl, smiling. 

"I won't even be attending those schools, so there's no point in the end. If i get accepted here and there, it'll only make it harder for you guys." Ahn Eunoo is quick to remark.