chapter nine

not edited; mar. 27

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

Jaehwa was rudely awaken by the sound of a blender in her kitchen. She raised her head, her eyes barely open. She saw a silhouette of her older brother standing, his back facing the living room.

She looked towards the couch, wondering if her other siblings were still asleep. Yihwa was sat on the couch, a toothbrush in her mouth, mindlessly scrolling through her phone, "why didn't you finish brushing your teeth?" Jaehwa sat up, Yihwa looking up from her phone, her toothbrush almost falling out.

"My alarm was going off so I came to turn it off, but then someone texted me and I just spiraled." Jaehwa nods, looking over to where her brother should've been. There was a lump under a blanket, Jumin obviously still asleep.

"What time is it?" Yihwa shows Jaehwa her phone the time showing 7:02. "Thanks." Yihwa nods, climbing over the couch to go finish brushing her teeth.

Jaehwa stands up, dragging herself to the kitchen, "Why are you blending something when it's 7 in the morning?" Jaemin turns around, glancing at his sister, but goes back to finish his smoothie.

"It's a strawberry smoothie. You want some?" Jaehwa looks over his shoulder, the vibrant pink looking quite appetizing to the girl. "Did you make enough for all of us?" Jaemin nodded, turning off the blender.

"If you guys weren't gonna drink it I was just gonna leave it in the fridge for later drinking times." Jaehwa nodded, watching him poor it into separate bottles.

"Go get ready for school, you can take your car but the other two wanted me to take them." Jaehwa nods, walking away from her older brother.

She grabs her pillows and blankets, walking back to her room to place them on her bed. She walks to her closet, grabbing her uniform and undergarments.

Yihwa was still standing in the bathroom, but now she was doing light makeup, "couldn't you have done your makeup on the vanity.." Jaehwa walks past her sister, and places her things on her side of the sink.

"There's better lighting in here, you literally have your stuff right there." Yihwa points with her head, still applying concealer. Jaehwa looks at her makeup, and back to the concealer wand that Yihwa was holding.

"Your literally holding... my products." Yihwa shrugs, but continues to do her makeup.

"Get out!! I'm trying to shower." Jaehwa shoves her sister out of the bathroom. She locked the door before Yihwa could come back in and torment her.

"I hate school."

-

"Jaehwa be careful driving home later, okay?" Jaehwa nods, waving her brother away. "I'll see you at home later." Jaehwa walks away from where she parked her car.

She gripped her backpack, placing one of her airpods into her ear. She walked next to other students who were also coming from their vehicles.

A bunch of the kids seemed to be riled up, walking in groups whispering. Jaehwa hadn't heard about anything happening today, so it was weird to see them this excited.

Jaehwa walked further onto the school premises, now seeing a whole bunch of adults as well, "What is going on?.." Jaehwa walks towards a group of students that were just standing.

"Hey guys, do you know what's going on today?" One of the girls turn towards Jaehwa, smiling, "Hi! There's an anti bullying committee going on this morning, the whole of the senior class is going apparently."