Chapter 12 - Vampire Diaries & Girly Talks

(Make sure to read the first section - CHARACTERS. I need your suggestion for your character in the story as Edward's mate.)

I only slept for an hour from five to six in the morning. I think I didn't want to wake up from that uncomfortable sleep because that would mean facing the truth again. But I could hear Bella, pacing around my room, muttering something under her breath. She was definitely doing something on my computer because I could hear the sound of the keyboard. I decided to pretend to remain asleep, but that didn't work either, because then my mind was running back to whatever Bella had told me yesterday.

"When did you wake up?" I asked opening my eyes and looking towards my study table where Bella was sitting, busy with the computer.

"Five Thirty!" She said not looking at me. "Had a nightmare."

I sighed getting up and stretching my arms before getting off the bed. I folded the quilt neatly and made the bed. Baby Celeste was sleeping peacefully in her crib.

"And what exactly are you doing on my computer?" I asked Bella, pulling the rocking chair close to the study table and sitting on it.

"Searching everything I can." She said, her eyes fixed on the screen.

"About?" I frowned.

"Vampires," she glanced back once at me before continuing.

"Bella..." I said sympathetically. "What's the point?"

"I want to know everything!" She looked at me again. "Don't you want to know about them?"

"I do... I want to know everything I can." I said genuinely. "But do you think you can find everything about them on the internet? It's crap out there. It's rubbish! Altered legends, characters from TV series, movies... All the information out there is not true... Trust me."

"I don't think so..." She said quietly. "It says they drink blood. And I believe vampires do drink blood."

I made an uncomfortable sound. "What else does it say?"

"That they're undead... Not alive, yet alive." She told me. "And also that they sleep in coffins and that they don't come out in the sun because it can burn them."

I blinked hearing her.

"They are enchanting and beautiful demons that prey on beautiful women." She nodded at me.

"Oh, shut up," I said dismissively.

"Maybe that's why they want you to join them." She guessed.

I stood up and began to pace around the room. I trusted the Cullens that they didn't want to hunt me. But I had no idea why they wanted me to join their family. I started to analyse every factor to consider the possibility of them being vampires.

"The sun burns them..." I said slowly. "Maybe it does. Maybe that's why they don't come to school whenever the sun is out of the clouds. Yesterday, Cosmo only came to see me after it got cloudy."

"I bet he was dying to meet you till then." Said Bella. "Maybe he is dying to meet you right now. He couldn't stay the night with you here because I slept here.

"I think it was a good decision," I said looking at her. "You'll sleep here tonight as well. I think I should stay away from him until we talk about all this with them somewhere else. I can't risk Celeste's safety."

"You don't trust him? You think he'll hurt you?" She asked.

"No, Bella." I shook my head. "But you told me how Jacob said that even the civilised vampires can be dangerous for humans."