-30-

I'm nervous.

"Today's the day." I look at myself through the bathroom mirror. Light make-up, pretty earrings, good hair day. Today's the day that we've been waiting for. This was the end goal.

I clear up my things in the bathroom and walk into my room.

"You ready yet," calls Jason from the living room.

"Um, yeah. Coming!" Grabbing my bag, I take one more quick check in my makeup mirror before exiting my room. 

"Woman of the hour!" Jason says as he gets up from the couch. As we make eye contact, my heart skips a beat. That was so weird. I blush, looking down. "You look amazing."

Amazing? He looks amazing! "Oh, thanks. Anyways, let's go." I'm not about to let this conversation get any longer or more awkward. 

We both walk towards a dark gray car as we enter the basement. A metallic kind of gray. A pretty kind of gray. The gray of my dreams... I stare at it longingly, wishing it was mine. Oh if only...

"You getting in or what?" Jason interrupts my train of thought, letting out a little chuckle at the end. 

"Yup." I scurry towards the passenger's door and step inside. "Oh, and these are the directions," I tell him, handing him my phone. 

"Alright- oops." Jason accidentally pressed the power button twice and is now looking at my home screen. My home screen! 

"Uh, um..." he blinks a few times before looking over at me. "Uh, huh?" 

Please let me disappear, God. Just right now, for this moment. Just the night before I had changed my home screen to a picture of Jason! And it was one of him that he didn't know I had taken- but the worst of all is that I even added hearts on it.

"Y-you see. T-they, my family, yes," I stuttered, barely able to get the words out, dying from embarrassment. Why am I even embarrassed, though? "They would get suspicious if you weren't on my home screen. I had a picture just like it of my previous boyfriend when we were dating." Liar.

He nodded slowly, trying to take it all in. He still looks a bit taken aback, but at least he understands it now. I flash a smile at him, trying to convince him in some way that it's fine. It's fine that he's on my phone's home screen with hearts around his head and my face photoshopped unto his shirt. Oh, yeah. I did that, too.

"Um, okay. Yeah, that's fine. When did you even take that picture though-"

"Oh when-"

"You know what. Never mind. Let's just drive." He places my phone on his phone stand and looks ahead.

"Yes. Good idea." I reply, turning my head to the front.

About 20 minutes into the drive, I decide that I want to break the awkward silence. Why? I don't know! I know I could sleep since it's a two-hour drive, but...

"So, today's our last day." Great convo starter, Minnie. Way to bring up that sad topic right now...

"Oh, yeah." Jason glances at me. "Where did all the time go?"

"Yeah," I sigh, resting my head on the head cushion. "How do you feel about it?"

"Me?"

"Yeah."

"Um, fine I guess? But sad since this'll be the end of our little secrete." He smiles, saying the last part. And as if on cue, sunlight streams through his window- illuminating his smile.

"I never realized you had such a beautiful smile..." I mutter under my breath. Jason looks at me with the corners of his mouth up.

"Well, thanks, Minnie. You too."

I just said that out loud didn't I? Letting out a nervous chuckle, I slowly turn my gaze toward my window. I squeeze my eyes shut as hard as I can, internally grunting.

What's wrong with me today?!

+++

Hey my dear roses!
Back with another chapter!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading!

❤♥❤Comment, vote and share!❤♥❤

Luv ya to the STARS and backkk! 💗🌌