The woods

I had just finished decorating our new cabin. It took me way too long because the stupid medication sucked all the energy out of me. My husband hasn't even really let me leave the cabin on my own, but we went on many walks and explored the woods together in this new city. It was beautiful. We had large windows that revealed the woods, so I never felt trapped. Something that I felt a lot after I learned about the story behind all my scars.

I went to visit my family one day and in a fit of rage, they tried to kill me! I don't remember anything, but Alex entered just in time to save me. Thank god for that, because he didn't just save me. I rubbed my stomach and couldn't stop the smile that was forming on my face. He had saved our little baby boy. Alex suggested that we name him Karim after I dreamed about a little boy named Karim that looked almost exactly like him. The name felt very familiar and even though I haven't had the pleasure to hold my little baby, I felt like I had!

Alex entered the room, hugged me and rubbed my stomach. I leaned into his arms my heart felt at ease, but my brain kept yelling at me that something wasn't right. I slipped away from his arms and searched my brain for a reason. Something was wrong but what was it? 

My troubled thoughts were stopped by Alex's hand gently grabbing my arm. 

 ''Remember our promise?" He said while handing me my medicine.

I felt exhaustion hit me as he guided the pills to my lips. I was already feeling tired.

''Forever safe''

I whispered not knowing why it felt like a lie.