[ 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐓 ]

"𝖎 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖓, 𝖎 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖆 𝖕𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖞...𝖘𝖔 𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖐"

THE DEVIL

THE DEVIL

THE DEVIL

Devil rushed to get to Axel, giving Jaxson a lame excuse as to why she needed to leave. One she knew that sounded shitty and like she was running away. Which she was, but she was a woman with questions. A woman like her needed answers. And fucking fast. She threw on her boots and grabbed a thick coat along with her motorcycle keys. Snowing or not, the weather was going to have to behave.

As she drove herself there, many thoughts flitted through her mind. Most of them started with a "who is" and ended with a "Jaxson Kim". Perhaps this is a good time to disclose Devil's rough childhood.

Devil was found when she was eight, and because her mother had the exact same job as her, all previous relationships had to be terminated. Permanently. Whether that meant Axel had to move her from Korea to France, from Europe to America or erase every single thing that existed about her to ruins. That meant her social security, her birth certificate, validation of her very presence. All gone. It meant no more school records and a different picture of Devil with a different look replaced in each album her face popped up in.

Now, why is someone knowing her bad? Devil's mother wasn't very innocent, quite the contrary, in fact. Because of her mother's "scandal", Devil was wanted by the "good side" of the government for many, many years. Her seven year old face might even still be in some magazines. So proof of someone knowing her meant 1) Axel failed at his job and 2) her life was in danger. If the "good side" found out she was alive, her wanted poster would be replastered all over the country and she would be soon turned into a target. As much as Devil wanted to appreciate how strong she was, she can't possibly be better than even five fully trained PA's.

Devil pulled herself out of the spiraling thoughts she had and showed the guards by the 12 feet tall doors her PA ID. They nodded and shoved the doors aside. Before they were even properly opened, though, Devil squeezed herself in.

"Who's Jaxson Kim?" She pulled at Axel's chair and forced him to spin to face her.

Axel's eyebrows furrowed, the skin between squished into three lines, marking his confusion in his eyes, "Jaxson Kim?"

"Yes, why does he know me? He said he's never done a background check on me and said that I told him who I was. Me?" Devil's voice raised with each word, "I haven't been drunk since four years ago, Axel. I've never met Jaxson before this year, how could he know me?"

THE BOSS

THE BOSS

THE BOSS

I stilled, still looking up at Devil from my spot in my chair. Someone knowing her was impossible and we both knew that. Jaxson Kim was of no threat to her, he hadn't come in contact with Devil before this year and I made sure of that. Everyone around Devil had been properly checked.

"So, why?" Her voice dropped to a whisper.

Her eyes searched for an answer in mine, desperate for some sort of verification that she was false.

"I...I don't know, Devil," I ran a hand through my hair and I sighed. Although this was a big issue, we both knew that Jaxson could be terminated at my word, "Have you tried asking him, maybe?"

The moment the words flew out of my mouth I knew I was wrong. Devil stared at me, not blinking, digesting what I just said to her.

"What?" She sputtered, "Ask him? You mean talk to him like he totally isn't gonna put my life in danger?"