The Weirdo on Maple Street

Byers House (morning)

At the end of the driveway, a utility worker is using a bucket-truck to inspect a nearby telephone pole. There are three vehicles parked close to the house:
They are Jonathan's, Joyce's and Marcus's cars.

Marcus's car was the black 1980 Cutlass, his mom got it for him after he passed his learners test.

Joyce and Marcus are sitting at the table, Joyce is  smoking and crying while Marcus is comforting Joyce as she got no sleep last night, Jonathan is cooking breakfast up for the three of them as they are probably hungry

"Alright guys, breakfast is ready." Jonathan says while plating the food.

"No, no, be careful of the posters." Joyce says.

Joyce then moves the posters out of the way, and Jonathan sets both plates on the table before putting his own plate down, Jonathan remains standing though.

"Yeah, okay. all right." Jonathan says.

"I can't eat." Joyce says.

"We just need you to eat mom." Jonathan speaks up for both him and Marcus.

"Listen, listen, the Xerox place opens in, like, thirty minutes." Joyce says.

"Yeah." Jonathan and Marcus say in unison.

"And I don't want you two boys to be alone." Joyce adds.

"No, we know, we told you, we got it." Jonathan reassures Joyce.

"So I'm gonna have Karen take you two, 'cause I should be here." Joyce says

"Okay." Jonathan and Marcus agree in unison.

"We need to make, what, 200-300 copies?" Joyce says.

"How much is a copy, ten cents? If we.. ten cents."

"Okay. Mom, mom.." Jonathan and Joyce then start talking over each other until.

"Guys! Quiet! Aunt Joyce, you can't get like this.. okay?" Marcus speaks up.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Joyce says.

"It's okay Aunt Joyce." Marcus reassures Joyce with a smile.

There was a knock on the door, Joyce finishes her cigarette, and then walks to the door. Joyce opens the door to see Hopper.