Chapter 28

Duplicity

-Eliana-

I apply a second layer of mascara and stare at my reflection in the mirror of my dresser. This is as good as it gets. I think before spraying myself with some of my favorite perfume and heading out to the living room where Hoseok is waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asks looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, I guess so." I reply, feeling unsure.

Hoseok takes a moment to stare me up and down. "You look pretty." He replies with a big smile and gets up taking a few steps towards me.

We're only going to the movies, so I'm dressed casually. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard, but I'm also just kind of going off of what Hoseok is wearing.

He's wearing a black graphic tee and blue jeans, so I basically wore the same thing, except my T-shirt is slightly cropped and my jeans have a couple rips in them.

He extends his hand out for me to take, then spins me around while he whistles. I give him a shy smile. "I hope you don't mind, I kinda copied your outfit." My cheeks redden a little, I'm not sure if he's noticed.

Hoseok pinches my cheek softly with his free hand. "I love that." He says and spins me again, but much slower this time, as if he's taking in all the details. "Mm." He pauses when he's spun me halfway around. "You're jeans fit you so much better than mine fit me though." Hoseok rests his hand on the small of my back, but I can tell he's itching to move it lower.

I turn to fully face him again and gape at him, but he has no shame, just a big sly smirk on his handsome face.

"Hoseok." I say in a warning tone.

Hoseok bites his lip. "Yes, baby?" He replies innocently and pulls me closer.

I raise an eyebrow at him and he simply fixes the E on my necklace, which is slightly off center.

"Did I mention how much I love this necklace on you?" He asks, admiring the gold dainty jewelry that adorns my neck.

"All the time." I chuckle, face softening."A misbehaved, but very handsome man gifted it to me." I say pinching his cheek softly, just as he always does to me. He smiles brightly at me, his perfect teeth only adding to his already irresistible good looks.

Hoseok laughs. "Misbehaved, huh."

"Mhm." I nod and watch as he goes to grab my jacket from the coat rack by the door.

He stands behind me and helps me put it on, then wraps his arms around me while leaning his chin on my shoulder. "Let's go have some fun. I promise I won't misbehave anymore." He turns me and begins to button my jacket.

When he's done he leaves a quick kiss on my forehead before going to get his own jacket. I chuckle to myself, feeling like a kid who's parent just prepared them for school.

*

"This is my girlfriend, Shae."

Jungkook gently pushes the shy woman forward, towards the older male. She reluctantly let's go of her boyfriend's arm and gives Hoseok a timid smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you." She says in a sweet, high pitched voice. "Jungkook has told me a lot about you."

Hoseok outstretches his hand to her. "Nice to meet you Shae, I'm Hoseok." He replies with a friendly smile and they shake hands.

Shae visually relaxes and turns her attention to me. I clear my throat and extend my hand, just as Hoseok did. "Hi, I'm Eliana."

She surprises me when instead of shaking my hand, she goes in for a hug. "It's really nice to meet you." She says then let's go. "I'm so glad I'm not the only girl here."